Health and Fitness for Old Farts : Swingers Discussion 73157
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHealth and Fitness for Old Farts
TOPIC: Health and Fitness for Old Farts
Created by: BacchusnLadywife
Original Starting post for this thread:
This is for those of us who really don't want to be avid gym goers, vegetarians, totally relinquish all vices, that kind of thing. It's hopefully a support group for us later middle aged types, likely with health problems, seeking support and moderation for the sake of adding a few years. I'll give you our scenario: We're both overweight but not obese. We both have osteoarthritis in our lumbar and Bacchus has had knee surgeries so high impact aerobics forget. Dues to the big C word, as well as high blood pressure, we're trying to avoid more medications going in Bacchus' body. Bacchus has high cholesterol. I'm an excellent cook and use very good ingredients. One of our challenges right now is trying to naturally lower his cholesterol without overloading the carbs and creating more weight struggle that way. I smoke and want to quit prior to becoming a grandmother this summer. Anyone want to join us on this journey and we'll all get reasonably healthy and fit together?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We recently kicked the cigs to the curb, picked up the weights again and I (John) have returned to my cycle of Yohimbe and DHEA. What a wonderful feeling it is at 44 to have the powerful "O" I recall having as a youngster...

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
Talk about feeling like an old fart..... I broke down today and bought Dr. Whitaker's Memory Essentials. This past year my memory has declined enough that I am going to have to start taking some supplements to see if I can boost it again. btw..it didn't really bother me that much but it really is bothering Mr. Sim...lol.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Thick, If you want to change your screen name email support and place the request. You will need to create a new profile first, then email support to move the paid membership to the ne profile. If you area lifetime member, you will lose your ability to approve profiles which for us wasn't a big deal since we never did it anyway. We did a change last July and it went smoothly with no break in service. Cindy

Long Neck DE
Username hidden
(252 posts)
" I had a very nice talk with Mrs. Things "

It was lovely speaking with you also, LW.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
Thick, Congrats on your better health. Just be careful . Sometimes those "internet" meds turn out not to be what you ordered and could harm you. Glad, in this case, that it worked out for you.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
Yes , it is a dumb name , but too late too change it :)

Long Pond PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
I respect what worked for you ThicknHard (bad screen name though) Thanks for sharing. I don't think doctors or the FDA are God, but the last thing on earth I'm going to do for us is order drugs online.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
"....(yeah us...old ...only really a number cause I act 25)...."

LMAO Cindy, yep... that's you!!! Mr. Things says, "spread 'em babe". ;-)

Muahhh

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
I do agree with you in theory . But I think people who have lower then normal levels , ie possibly some people who may have a weight issue to deal with , might benifit from jump starting the pituatary gland by going on one 21 week cycle of 1 iu of rHGH . I had a situation where I had whiplash . Headaches for 4 plus years . I may have mentioned this earlier . When you have a whiplash injury , usually this includes some sort of damage to the pituatary gland . Well I was swallowing pilles like candy when ever I got a migraine . Finally I had it wuth the headaches and googled for a cure . I ran across a whiplash victem who had simular symptoms . He had found relief with rHGH . So , My next problem was getting some since it isnt in the FDA protocol to treat whiplash with rHGH . I purchased some online . Three days after my first injection I was cured from years of migraines . It gave me my life back . I had more energy , better mood . Now I increase my rHGH naturally with exersize . Just my story . I was injured in a tractor trailor accident . 5 telphone poles and a oak tree . Thats me in the photo and Its been a long trip back to being healthy . I had the top nuerologist in the country trying to stop my epilepsy and headaches . I was weeks away from brain surgery . Well the rHGH healed me thank God .

Long Pond PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
For a while there it was popular to take shots of human growth hormone. It was the stay young elixir. I took daily shots of it for about a year. However, recently there have been some new studies done in alternative medicine and they aren't that positive towards increasing the levels of human growth hormone as you age. I don't remember the particulars but enough long term data on this hasn't been gathered so it's very questionable. I personally question anything that alters the "natural" progression of the body as it ages... that in itself is "unnatural".

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
TOPIC: Health and Fitness for Old Farts