Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People : Swingers Discussion 796651032
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHappy Thought of the Day for Fit People
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   32 to 41 of 1698   End
User Details are only visible to members.
DD

Based on your stats I would estimate your base (ie no exercise) caloric demand would be about 1,350 a day. If you are exercising doing weight training you would expected to build (slowly) small amounts of muscle weight and, while eating around 1,600 a day, I would expect your weight loss rate to be glacially slow to virtually zero.

A weight loss of 4 pounds in 6 days is simply impossible via metabolism, exercise and dieting unless you ran 3 triathlons during this time. Rapid weight changes likes that are the result of water shifts and, frankly, changes in how much your bowel is retaining in weight.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19557 posts)
DD: congrats on starting a routine and regime that's working for you.

see my other post in recipes thread. i truly believe it's a lifelong process of figuring out what works for us in each time frame, adjusting tweaking and refining as needed. as far as the folks on biggest loser? most of them start out with MEGA weight they need to lose. and are put on scarey crazy regimes, monitored closely, and attended by nutritionists, personal trainers, and so on.

if i had the time and the resources at my disposal (likely anyone here in the fora, same goes!) that the folks on those shows had--we'd all be seeing crazy-good results in a relatively short time frame. i always try to keep in mind that i am working my fitness in around all the other obligations and commitments on my time. we need to be kind to ourselves because negative thoughts have a much bigger impact on us than we realize.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2061 posts)
So you think if you are gaining weight and exercising you should add calories to lose weight? I was too scared to do that since I was gaining already.

How in the hell do the people lose crazy weight on the Biggest Loser?

Irving TX
Username hidden
(255 posts)
DD: The trainer is right. People think by lowering calories they will lose more weight. I am sure you've learned by now that that is not the case and just the opposite happens. The body begins to resist and you don't lose an ounce. I say focus on inches, particularly in the waistline and don't be concerned about the scale. Here is what I ate today: I had coffee w/coffeemate (no equal, sugar or splenda); protein shake; I made broccoli so I made it like a soup; then I had some fish with mixed veggies I made yesterday and a half sweet potato. I did my yoga practice which included some ab work then worked legs and chest in the gym. I don't count calories but I do practice portion control and I take a good pro-biotic which is crucial.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3288 posts)
That's awesome Ms. DD!

Washington DC
Username hidden
(769 posts)
Thanks to the fitness threads, I downloaded MyFitnessPal. My doc noticed my thyroid was low so he increased it with a checkup in 2 months. I logged everything into the ap including any after dinner mints yet avering 1600 calories per day I hadn't lost even 1/4 lb. I shared my discouragement with the doc who then added t3 thyroid to the mix and the difference is astounding. In 6 days I have list 4 lbs.

It's very helpful to have this record. If the loss continues at this rate, I may even need to see if I need to reduce the thyroid or increase the calories.

I remember keeping a log for a trainer who told me that I needed to eat way more calories but how could I when I was consistently gaining weight and my goal was weight loss? I've always been one of those people that sneered when some fat person complained about their crappy metabolism. Of course, this was often while they scarfed down junk food. Perhaps once again I was wrong. I hate that!

Irving TX
Username hidden
(255 posts)
I've been having to do a lot of standing recently. I had no idea how much of a strain long standing puts on the legs and back and I am in good shape. While researching exercises to best strengthen my legs, I learned that what I've been doing is on target so I have to make an effort to do them more often. In addition, I've been doing my "limited" yoga practice 2x day. And I've made an investment in a good pair of shoes for standing. They are ugly but in this case, fuck beauty. I want to preserve my knees, etc.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3288 posts)
That's exactly right!

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3693 posts)
FHTOTD: getting in the cardio even over the instinctive rebellion that wanted to loll around.

now any other workout today will be icing.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2061 posts)
lol I figured I'd make a crappy wife.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   32 to 41 of 1698   End
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People