Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People : Swingers Discussion 796651021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHappy Thought of the Day for Fit People
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 1697   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Haha. Auto correct. Guess I type 'gluten' more than glutes. Artificial Intelligence. ;-)

Newport OR
Username hidden
(113 posts)
HT: My gluten are on fire today. Took a little over a month off from any heavy squats because I slipped and fell directly on my tailbone. Excruciating to touch my toes, even. Goblet and barbell squats yesterday =success! Stoked.

Newport OR
Username hidden
(113 posts)
DD: Congrats! 1/2 lb. is okay and more of a true weight loss than someone losing a zillion lbs. and losing muscle tissue and mostly water. You should be pleased. It makes me want to fuck you even more...LOL...just kidding.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3245 posts)
Right now I'm pretty happy about my progress. I'm working a lot of hours and I'm following a plan I can stick to. I don't feel strong enough to do heavy duty workouts. The 7 1/2 weeks on bed rest will take I while to overcome. Even without any exercise per se, I can feel slight soreness in my abs, quads, and triceps.

While I may not have lost "true weight" since I went on thyroid meds, I think that I am making progress. When I go back to the first day that I started recording everything, it's been 2 months. I've lost 5 lbs. and 5 inches. It's pretty typical for me to have weeks without the scale budging and then a drastic drop. That made me hate weight watchers. They would scold me for gaining weight even when I was following the program and praise me for losing weight even if I cheated. Eventually there will be results even if for someone like me, they are really slow. I can live with this. I had enough wiggle room last night for an ice cream cone.

It may only be 1/2 a lb per week, but that means 24 lbs. in a year. That is great by me as long as I'm not suffering.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(255 posts)
njny: I totally agree.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3245 posts)
FHTOTD: streaming music over the 'net. workouts are so much better with good tunes.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1893 posts)
FHTOTD: freeing the girls from squashed bondage. dang, note to self: no more dryer for the sports bras!

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1893 posts)
"I was too scared to do that since I was gaining already."

When I up exercise I RARELY lose weight for the first few months. But I usually lose inches. Muscle takes up less room then fat on a pound per pound basis. So you can be losing fat, gaining muscle and that scale might not budge, or even go up. I lost 2 sizes before Jamaica with no weight loss. Currently I'm almost the same weight I was after having my 2nd child. Then I was a 14--16 now I'm a 10. Now that I'm healing the goal measurements/sizes are posted in my bathroom NOT the goal weight. I really do not care what the scale says if I'm back in my size 8's and eventually my 6's.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17839 posts)
Re: Biggest Loser. I'm an RD & have spoken personally with a few of the past contestants.

The girls are on 1200 calorie/day, men on 1500 calorie/day. High protein and relatively lowish carb.

They are using bodybuggs (or other metabolic measurement devices) and expected to "burn" 8000 calories/day.

Initial first week weight loss is lots of water; mobilization of glycogen stores and fluid when they do their first weigh-in after high sodium meal the night before that starting weight. Hence the history of the 2nd week curse.

Subsequent "weeks" are not always just 7 days.

High intensity interval training on the tv show, constant steady-state exercise on "off" hours (i.e. walk, jog, bike for hours).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
As for how extreme weight losses occur....

The human body can mobilize around 40 calories a day from its fat stores. This number can be increased somewhat, but not a lot, from exercise. 50 cal a day max, I believe. So any deficit beyond 50 cal a day per pound of body fat you're carrying results in muscle loss too. I'll take a wild stab and guess your body fat is about 30%, meaning you carry about 45 pounds of fat. This is your total body fat - not excess. Unless you became an extreme athlete or concentration camp survivor the most you would want to give up of that is maybe half.

This means you can achieve a max calorie deficit by exercising like crazy plus dieting of about 2,100 calories a day. A "Biggest Loser" contestant is much more overweight and thus can go much higher. Some muscle loss will happen too, and is somewhat inevitable, since obese people carry muscle needed to move their bulk around which they won't have a use for once they aren't so heavy.

Anyway - so they would eat around 1,000 calories a day and exercise the rest away. If you've got nothing to do but exercise all day you'd be amazed at how much you can do so.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19438 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 1697   End
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People