Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People : Swingers Discussion 7966510201
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHappy Thought of the Day for Fit People
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
GoTo Page: Less ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... More 
Start   201 to 210 of 1644   End
User Details are only visible to members.
SVC thanks for the sage advice. That all makes perfect sense.

Especially after yesterday. Yoga, WOD, Rock Climbing - I'm up at 5:00am and sore like I've never done Crossfit before.

But it's such a satisfying soreness!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
IB20 - Stay in the Intermediate. Even the scaled versions will be tough. Have you done more than one WOD in a day? You think you are rested, but halfway through your muscles are aching and your stamina is gone. There's a trick to 2 or 3 event competition. You maximize your score with the stuff you are good at, you go hard but you also have to leave something in the tank for that last unknown.

Some advice that was on a sign in my first box. "Leave your ego at the door".

Seriously, this is your first competition and you are new to CF. Take the scaled WODs. You will be much happier with your results. Rope climbs are a bitch (my best was 11 in one evening, 1 was to see if I could, then we had to do 5 for a buy-in and as a buy-out for a games prep WOD).

After this you better sign up for the Crossfit Games Open!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(953 posts)
Signed up for Intermediate - might change to RX if I can get some Rope Climb practice in before then:

Event 1 SPEED/STRENGTH/SKILL TRIPLET (each event scored individually...with a running clock moving from one event to the next

- SPEED EVENT: 5OO Meter Row ...next event starts 4 minutes from the start of the row, athletes will have a brief rest time before the Strength Event - STRENGTH EVENT: 4:00 to find a 1RM Hang Clean - SKILL EVENT: 4:00 AMRAP of 4 Burpees/1 15' Rope Climb ...intermediate and scaled division = 3 rope climb modifications ascents and descents to = 1 climb

Event 2 FRAN (10:00 time cap) - RX: 95/65#' Thruster/s and Standard Pullups - Intermediate: 75/45# Thruster's and Pullups (with Red/Light Bands) - Scaled: 75/45# Push Press and Jumping Pullups

Event 3? A 16:00 "HOPPER" AMRAP with the movements and rep schemes pulled out of a hopper...this will be a test of conditioning/work capacity.

Can't Wait!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Oooh, your first CF competition!!!! So excited for you. Mine was last year and I loved it (Vegas Fit Wars in 2011, so disappointed we didn't do it in 2012).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(953 posts)
HTODFP - Tomorrow will be epic!

8:00 - 1st Yoga class 9:00 - WOD

2:00-4:00 - Indoor Rock Climbing with other awesome people

4:00-on - party with above people.

The only thing that could make tomorrow an 11 would be some SEX!

Future HTODFP - Beginning of next month doing an all-day CF competition, 1st one! Nervous and Excited!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
HT - Showed my recent comparison pics to guy that runs a strength gym. His comment, Dude, you're getting a "V".

I took that as meaning the traditional "V" shape from chest to waist.

I mentioned it to my sister and niece (both Crossfitters).

They both made the "I just threw up in my mouth" face and went "Yuck, can't think about you like that Bro/Uncle."

Come to find out after bugging them about it, they were talking about the "V" down around the man parts from the happy trail down I guess (which I DON'T have, YET). I told them I would never tell them THAT story! (actually I would, but they know that!)

Gotta learn the lingo these days, I guess.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
HTFP: New Year's Day WOD behind me. Found a box (one I went to today) that has FREE yoga classes on Saturday AM for the next 8 weeks. Gonna give that a try to add to my workout week.

New Yoga studio opening about 2 minutes from my apartment in February. I hear it's a great addition once or twice a week!

Real HT - that at my age I am still able to do all this great fitness stuff. Should have started sooner!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Yay for WOD found on New Years.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(953 posts)
HTFP - Two days of rest, knee and body feel great. New Year's Shelly-Bration WOD tonight (Shelly is one of our trainers) and I found another box doing a 12 Noon WOD tomorrow!

How sick is this! I love this stuff!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
HTotD First jog since the Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon Dec 2nd. After having to stop & stretch out my back at the end of the first mile, the rest was smooth and no pain. Slow & steady to get to breakfast (love "destination" jogs, more than "out and backs"). 6.66 miles in 1:11.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(953 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... More 
Start   201 to 210 of 1644   End
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People