Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People : Swingers Discussion 7966510191
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHappy Thought of the Day for Fit People
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 1642   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks SVC. I felt a bit guilty not trying to bring them into the fold earlier, but this was my journey and it was important that I do everything I could to get it going, on track and successful.

The older one has the potential (the drive and discipline) to latch onto it. The younger one is still too much Xbox and Airsoft...but I could be wrong as he's also marching band and Airforce ROTC as a HS freshman.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
ooh that's great IB20! we love our family members.

Our resident "ninja" (who has been PRing and leading the board all week on the benchmark WODs we've been doing), he's now a coach. His 16 yo son is going to be competing next weekend at the CF Games Kids event "The Gauntlet" at the LA Fitness Expo. I remember when his son was just starting On-Ramp (our beginners program) and that was only a year ago. Now the kid is kicking butt! His 5 yo son started doing his own little WODs last year while parents working out. Now he's a regular in the CF Kids program at our box (youngest by 3 years).

I hope your boys enjoy the challenge. I'm sure they are super proud of your progress this year (and that you're probably way stronger than they think).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(952 posts)
HTFP - Going to visit my two young sons this weekend and they have showed interest in going to the local CF Box to check it out with me. (15 and 17) - this is the time to start boys!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
HTFP Almost 10 months into Crossfit and better, healthier living - EVERYTHING is easier! I love this shit!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
And Another Climbing pic

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
SVC - yes it was! Here's a climbing pic

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Yoga, the only time my brain really really turns off and only thinks about what my body is doing and nothing else in the world.

Check your local community center, YMCA or Cooperative Extension for a beginner class to learn the basics positions and breathing.

Sounds like you had a great fitness day.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(952 posts)
Tried it, need to find a beginner class with some instruction. The class I went to was about 5 weeks in and I was lost most of the time. I did enjoy it and it felt great when I was "getting" it.

It goes well with most athletics and especially with my Crossfit life!

Thanks. You still hitting the gym I hope?

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
SVC thanks for the sage advice. That all makes perfect sense.

Especially after yesterday. Yoga, WOD, Rock Climbing - I'm up at 5:00am and sore like I've never done Crossfit before.

But it's such a satisfying soreness!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
IB20 - Stay in the Intermediate. Even the scaled versions will be tough. Have you done more than one WOD in a day? You think you are rested, but halfway through your muscles are aching and your stamina is gone. There's a trick to 2 or 3 event competition. You maximize your score with the stuff you are good at, you go hard but you also have to leave something in the tank for that last unknown.

Some advice that was on a sign in my first box. "Leave your ego at the door".

Seriously, this is your first competition and you are new to CF. Take the scaled WODs. You will be much happier with your results. Rope climbs are a bitch (my best was 11 in one evening, 1 was to see if I could, then we had to do 5 for a buy-in and as a buy-out for a games prep WOD).

After this you better sign up for the Crossfit Games Open!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(952 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 1642   End
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People