Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
TOPIC: Happy_Thought_of_the_Day_for_Fit_People
« Prev  1 ...  138.1  139.1  140.1  141.1  142.1  143.1  144.1  145.1  146.1  147.1  ... 197  Next »
1422 to 1431 of 1964
User Details are only visible to members.
Back in the mid 1980s I was an athlete and competed in international competition several times. Twice I medaled in the World Championships. As member of the US National Team and an Olympic Team candidate I was tested and studied often (sometimes felt like a lab rat)-- VO2 max, lung capacity, blood tests, muscle biopsies (which hurt like hell). One of the sports physioliogy doctors who was studying us mentioned other sports where the athletes are at the top for cardiovascular fitness. Most of them were obvious, but he mentioned motocross racers as being exceptionally fit (as fit as cross country skiers) which surprised and interested me. Anyway, my source is anacdotal, but I believe to be credible and based on research.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7111 posts)
Carrie-- Mrs Leeza and I would like to take a trip down to Corpus Christi to meet you and maybe do a few "workouts" together.

...and I see in your profile that your hubby is a motocross racer. Speaking of fitness, I was surprised to find out that motocross racers are among the fittest athletes in any sport... pretty cool!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7111 posts)
Damn! I almost missed a compliment from Leeza. I really need to come in this topic more often.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
This was my first longer race and I went with friends from the gym. Now thinking of doing the half in Philly. Sorry to hear about B, hope he heals fast. I probably could have finished better, but the heat was a killer. On top of that, I have a cold. I finished in 1:42.

Pipersville PA
Username hidden
(73 posts)
I just completed my first Broad Street 10 mile run! The weather made it very difficult. But I finished in a time I am happy with!!!

Pipersville PA
Username hidden
(73 posts)
Carrie that is such a sexy pic... I would like to to full laps on you with my tongue (without stopping).

Today I will be running 7 miles (1 hour) and arm & shoulder work. Mrs Leeza will give my tongue a good workout followed by some hip thrust work.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(7111 posts)
I ran a full lap, without stopping (was doing half laps). I also added in some arm and shoulder work (which may be a bitch tomorrow. LOL).

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
M, I called and asked for a second copy,( the dog got my original copy...) I will let you know tomorrow after I pick them up and get home from work... I am also going to ask re the other tests... Thanks! Trish

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
106 57 99

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22245 posts)
M...Where can I go or get these type of tests without joining a gym....since I use my home gym.....had blood work done and all levels are great, so the doc says.... also I am thinking I should go to a nutrionalist to see what I should be changing diet wise...thoughts??

Paul, happy belated :)~

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  138.1  139.1  140.1  141.1  142.1  143.1  144.1  145.1  146.1  147.1  ... 197  Next »
1422 to 1431 of 1964
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.