Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People : Swingers Discussion 79665101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessHappy Thought of the Day for Fit People
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
Created by: AkronFunTimes The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 1644   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That's awesome Mrs. SVC! Good luck with getting back into a comfortable routine. I'm glad to hear that you've healed well.

Lubbock TX
Username hidden
(213 posts)
Mrs. SVC: That is most excellent news indeed. Enjoy your journey back to physical activity but don't push too hard. Listen to your body and in no time you'll be stronger then before.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(573 posts)
good luck mrs svc. keep us posted (ha!) on your progress.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1276 posts)
That must be a relief DV.. Good luck on the rest of your speddy recovery. Ive never been a fan of weighted jerky movements anyway. I always figured they were a really good way to injure yourself

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(1822 posts)
News from my neurosurgeon: I can start jogging and rowing; suppose to check with the physical therapist but doctor said light bodyweight & strict movements should be okay - I'm all healed, now it's just reconditioning. Only restriction is still no jerking movements until 12 weeks postop (so no Olifts or kipping movements).

Going to get a jog in tomorrow morning before it's too hot outside.

Yay! mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(953 posts)
Thanks SV. I haven't thought we weren't hwp in some time, but it's more like I feel that a truly flab-free belly is within my grasp yet I struggle to reach it. I see the success I've had in the last 3 weeks of cutting 700 cal a day on average and working out all but maybe 2 days, and I'm happy with it, but I think I would need to do another 10 weeks to get to where I want to be. I know I can do 2 more weeks until August 2, and then we will be traveling most of the month, and I will not be able to keep going like that. Oh well. If I can keep from sliding back too far in August I should be able to be where I want by perhaps Thanksgiving.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18831 posts)
vabeach - you certainly both look HWP in your pictures (in my eye).

funny, as I lost weight (mrs), he hurt his ankle (permanent damage) and unfortunately gained a little - unable to do much weight bearing as is limited to boxing against a punching bag for his only workout right now.

Fortunately, our combined weight is still close to our wedding (phew). And continues HWP.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(953 posts)
FHTOTD: got my cardio in first thing before waking the chilluns.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1276 posts)
Fhtotd: sweaty cardio at home means ya can jump right in the shower afterwards.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1276 posts)
Oh, as for how I determine my deficit...

I assume a "do nothing" metabolic rate for myself as 2,600 per day. In fact, I think it's slightly higher, but I work with that.

I assume a good, hard 1-hour gym workout is 600 calories. I take my bike computer's word for it with respect to calories burned - roughly 40 per mile.

So, a ketosis-driven diet is 60:35:5 fat/protein/carb. Keeping the fat high is critical to prevent bouts of hunger. I'm grumpy for the first couple of days and then I'm fine, and after a week I actually begin to forget to eat.

So if I'm totally sedentary I will try to do a 500-cal deficit. If I do something crazy like do a workout and then ride my bike 90 miles (thereby having a total burn on the day of around 6,800 calories) I will limit my deficit to 1,500 or so, as your body can only mobilize so much fat in a day. Of course, if you're exercising like that, you can easily eat 100+ carbs a day and stay in ketosis, but I make up most of the extra in meat, eggs, nuts, and vegetables. Doused in hollandaise or ranch dressing, of course.

Anyway - that's how I work. Your mileage may vary.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18831 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 1644   End
TOPIC: Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People