Grappling and Mixed Martial Arts : Swingers Discussion 80819
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessGrappling and Mixed Martial Arts
TOPIC: Grappling and Mixed Martial Arts
Created by: bifem4u37
Original Starting post for this thread:
I (George) have been involved with martial arts sort of Off and on all my life. Wondered how many others on the site were into mma,groundfighting,joint manipulation and submission.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
New Fight on you tube. Me (George) followed by two students then wife Brenda!!! She is my towel man. You can find it on you tube with keywords MMA Fight Harrison, Arkansas George .

Harrison AR
Username hidden
(40 posts)
Still fighting. Fough twice last saturday because of a short fight card. Won my first fight. not enough cardio to hold the 2nd fight which was the main event and I lost it to an armbar. 3 wins and 2 losses at age 45. getting well known in the area

Harrison AR
Username hidden
(40 posts)
I fought a couple more. Lost my second fight to a ref stoppage about a month ago. Won saturday night (3-21-09) by submision in the first round. He was 20 years old.

Harrison AR
Username hidden
(40 posts)
We own bangthechamp dot com so we are definetly into MMA. My husbang worked for the WWE for almost ten years before got into the real stuff.

Username hidden
(1 post)
The fight I had in April is on You Tube now. You can find it easy using MMA Fight George Still as keywords in the you tube search bar. If you watch it, scroll back to the front and you'll see a still photo of a hit I landed at the end of the 2nd round. The look on the ref's face is priceless!

Harrison AR
Username hidden
(40 posts)
I fight a lot of NAGA events. It is starting to hurt near daily so I probably won't continue much longer. The wife loves it when I fight. She thinks its hot.

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(1 post)
Still sore from the beating while typing this. I fought an MMA match saturday night. My opponent was 19 years old and had been training for the fight for 4 months. He was a little taller, same weight. I opted in only a month ago and being on the road so much in the semi it was hard to do much more than jog around a rest area once in a while and tried to brush up on some grappling techniques at home.

I had figured this was going to be three 1 minute rounds but when they anounced the fight it was three 3minutes rounds. Ahhg! That's a long time! It was a brutal fight and the crowd was wild.... it was the only MMA fight that night. The rest were kickboxing and boxing. The guy did some awesome vertical leaps when he stepped in the ring like Tito Ortiz. It was intimidating. Showed extreme energy.

We fought standing and on the matt. Me in the guard then him in the guard. Multiple situations down on the matt along with elbows and punches.He landed several thai kicks to my thigh. I said that to a friend right after the fight to which he replied with a smile..." he kicked the shit out a' ya." LOL I landed at least one good thai kick and dominated the center of the ring with lefts and rights that hurt.Two minutes into the third round I took him down with head lock to side top and cranked. He tapped out!!!

That was eght minutes of hardcore fighting. We got some video too from my number one fan. Brenda gets excited though so it has lots of cheering,screaming with video of the ceiling, the floor etc. LOL

To do it again i need to train more and get in better cardiovascular shape. Brenda and I intend to work on it. Pic attached is a shot of me still at the gymn right after the fight.

Harrison AR
Username hidden
(40 posts)
BJJ is great stuff. It's done a lot for me in terms of confidence, fitness, etc etc etc. I can't say enough good things... anyone else supplement with crossfit or hiit training?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
I trained at a BJJ school for about 3 years. It is an incredible workout and an excellent way to stay in shape. BJJ against an untrained person is devestating and also a lot safer then boxing or many of the striking arts. Many BJJ holds can be applied to enforce submission and applied harder if necessary. Against a trained advesary you will most lilkely wind up on the ground so if your into that sort of thing it's a good skill to have.

George School PA
Username hidden
(227 posts)
I can understand the appeal of the MMA/Ultimate Fighting. I was a boxing fan growing up and we could see great fights on free television. One of my favorite fights of all time was the Leonard/Hagler fight when I was in JR. High... Anyway, boxing has destroyed it's sport by limiting it accessibility by it's fans and that sport is sadly on the decline and has been for many years. In addition, the top fighters rarely get in the ring together. MMA is easy to find, fast action, top fighters take each other on with regularity, etc.

That having been said, MMA/Boxing are two different entities. There have been so many debates on a crossover and I think it is probably clear. If you were to put a boxer into an MMA ring, he wouldn't do very well and the same would be true if you put an MMA athlete into a boxing ring with a skilled boxer. They would both take each other apart. They both have a skill set, but they are each a different skill set. I tend to think that MMA is too brutal. I do not think that it is "human cockfighting", but, too violent for my taste (him).

She likes to call herself the "ultimate fighter" and attack me which turns into a fun little roll in the hay... ha ha.

Appleton WI
Username hidden
(80 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: Grappling and Mixed Martial Arts