Good exercises to tone up : Swingers Discussion 92761
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessGood exercises to tone up
TOPIC: Good exercises to tone up
Created by: BrandiandMac
Original Starting post for this thread:
Over the last year I have lost about 50 lbs - I'm pretty happy with my weight (it'd be nice to lose just a couple more, almost down to pre-baby weight). As you can see in the picture, I'm relatively thin (about 120lbs, a size 6). But now I'm soooo flabby all over, there's no tone. I look fine with my clothes on, but get them off and everything jiggles and wiggles and sags. All I did to lose weight was eat right and walk pushing a double stroller with 2 toddlers. It worked really well, but now I need to tone up and don't know what to do. I can't go to the gym and don't really want to buy any equipment. I've done a few lunges, situps and pushups, but they get boring. Any ideas for ways to get toned, and preferably to gain muscle without any special equipment?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Good exercises to tone up?

I run into this a LOT, especially with females. The solution? USE. WEIGHTS.

For some reason, a lot of women I know are super opposed to using weights. They all think that by somehow lifting a 15 lb. dumbbell they're going to triple their muscle mass and become huge manic meatheads. Not true.

Seriously, use weights. They give resistance and help with coordination. They use muscle and thus improve muscle tone. Also, don't starve yourself. 50 lbs. in a year is great! Just make sure to EAT. When you starve yourself, your body burns more muscle via atrophy than it does fat, and when you start to eat normally again, your body clings more to fat, making it harder to burn.

Make sure to do lots of complex exercises e.g. squats/deadlifts/Pendlay rows. Doing only curls doesn't do much for your entire body, it'll just work a very small set of muscles and not really give much improvement after a while.

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
Mr. Fun--I am well trained in the fine art of shoveling, just give me a ring, I'll cum get you out.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
or do what I do on the rare occasions that it snows here, go back to bed until it melts.........of course that was a bit more fun pre-kids ;)

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17550 posts)
lol it was 26 here this am, no bugs here right now either, but no snow.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17550 posts)
I'll take snow over bugs any day.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
"I've shoveled 5 effin times in the last 20 hours."

Move south spade..................

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17550 posts)
LOL Spade, sure you will feel it too. Jim doesn't believe in snow blowers, just good old man/woman power, and as I said previously, what a work out, especially with 3 decks, one porch, a 250 foot driveway (only when I get stuck there or Jim is not home to clean it with the ATV plow), and the best, shoveling the damn Vizsla path, which is the worst.

Kudos to you Spade for the shoveling.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
" was it a good workout then"

That was what I kept telling myself to get through it all.

The snow-blower is broken at the moment(for the past 2 winters), and I don't have the means to get it fixed.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
So, was it a good workout then, Spade?

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
I've shoveled 5 effin times in the last 20 hours.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Good exercises to tone up