Good breakfast foods : Swingers Discussion 169996101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessGood breakfast foods
TOPIC: Good breakfast foods
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hello. I traditionally have never been one to eat breakfast, I only have started trying within the last 5 years really. I have read that people who eat breakfast lose..I believe now, going off of memory...20% more consistently than those that skip bfast. The problem with me is, I do not like the smell or taste of most bfast foods...the ones I do are fattening like bacon and eggs...and I simply don't have time. I cannot eat yogurt because I am lactose intolerant and it tears me up..and is quite high calorically I am finding! What I have been doing is eating what we call at my office "lunch for bfast"...a lean cuisine as my bfast. It actually has been working well for me LOL but I am curious, what are the "best" bfast foods for you both health and caloric wise?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Breakfast" = breaking the fast. You can make any food into breakfast. Think in terms of protein, whole grains/starch/carbohydrate, fruit, fat, dairy (if you drink milk or eat yogurt). Doesn't have to be cereal or eggs. How about a sandwich & fruit? Or leftovers from the night before?

The key here is jump starting your metabolism & getting fueled for your day.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
I'd second the oatmeal rec - I use the sugar free organic type and make it with almond milk. Add some almonds and organic blueberries to it, and some stevia to sweet it up some.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(30 posts)
Homemade granola bars (foodnetwork) 2cups oats, 1/2 c sunflower, 1 c almonds, 1/2 c wheat germ, 1/2 c honey, 1/4 c brown sugar , died blueberries and cranberries . The recipe didnt call for it but add 1 c of peanut butter.. Next go around going to put a few scoops of protein powder...

Spring Hill TN
Username hidden
(14 posts)
We (almost) always have a toasted slice of Challah bread and a smear of cream cheese under a fried egg and Morning Star sausage patty sauteed in a bit of olive oil, and sugar-free syrup on top. It is delish and about 350-400 calories. If not that, then cereal.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(31 posts)
There are several cold cereals made by Kashi that are high in fiberlow in calories and actually taste good. Our favorites are Honey Sunshine , Autumn Wheat and Go Lean. They can be found in the cereal aisle or the health foods section.

There is also a bread made by Natural Ovens (google it) out of Wisconsin that is excellent. On their site you can locate a local retailer. This bread is free of preservatives so it will not last long on your counter. We keep it frozen and take out a day or two's supply at a time.

Ottawa IL
Username hidden
(66 posts)
Thank y'all very much!! I appreciate it.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
"Life should be enjoyed, right?"

Absolutely!

Small vices like chocolate or coffee seem trivial in light of the battles people face with drugs, alcohol or smoking. I feel fortunate that virtually all of my cravings can be sated with some dark chocolate and lots of sex!

:~

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
"and a hand full of nuts" %===()

Leave it to me to pick THAT out of your entire post. lol

I do cheat with my oatmeal and add a bit of brown sugar or honey and yes, walnuts or almonds. I also limit myself to 2 cups of coffee, no cream or sugar but a splash of hershey's. Yes, I am truly addicted to chocolate. I swear if I cut chocolate out of my diet my six pack abs wouldn't be hidden by that 1/2" layer of blubber!

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Summer is cereal, mostly high fiber and granola with fresh fruit. Bananas, blueberries, raspberries strawberries.

Winter is oatmeal with the same fruits IF I can get them.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Oatmeal

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17896 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Good breakfast foods