Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › Getting back after pneumonia
TOPIC: Getting_back_after_pneumonia
Created by: Sailorcouple1964
Original Starting post for this thread:
After a month of dealing with the flu then pneumonia and loosing 12 lbs of muscle I finally got back to the gym. I feel like superman in a room full of kryptonite. Im lifting about 3/5th the weight I was and after three days I'm sore as hell. My biggest problem is cardio since my lugs are still not 100%. Im taking it slow but I don't like feeling week. The only good thing is my girlfriend is very supportive and just joined a very cool new gym that we will both be going to now that I'm about 89% recovered.

My question is, I usually speed work out where I hit 3 complimentary muscle groups one after the other pyramid style. It gives me a great burn is almost aerobic cause i don't take a break. But given my diminished cardio capacity I'm not able to race through them. Any advice so I don't over tax my lungs but still get the needed work out.

Thanks all you sexy people ;)

1 to 2 of 2
User Details are only visible to members.
ill tell you, its hard. I am doing the same thing. I do anything and you'd think I'm a 30 year smoker, reaching for my inhaler. Its ridiculous.

Username hidden
(23989 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
After a month of dealing with the flu then pneumonia and loosing 12 lbs of muscle I finally got back to the gym. I feel like superman in a room full of kryptonite. Im lifting about 3/5th the weight I was and after three days I'm sore as hell. My biggest problem is cardio since my lugs are still not 100%. Im taking it slow but I don't like feeling week. The only good thing is my girlfriend is very supportive and just joined a very cool new gym that we will both be going to now that I'm about 89% recovered.

My question is, I usually speed work out where I hit 3 complimentary muscle groups one after the other pyramid style. It gives me a great burn is almost aerobic cause i don't take a break. But given my diminished cardio capacity I'm not able to race through them. Any advice so I don't over tax my lungs but still get the needed work out.

Thanks all you sexy people ;)

North Bergen NJ
Username hidden
(3 posts)
1 to 2 of 2
TOPIC: Getting back after pneumonia

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy