General Health and Weight Loss Supplements : Swingers Discussion 207667101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessGeneral Health and Weight Loss Supplements
TOPIC: General Health and Weight Loss Supplements
Created by: kinddraggon The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
BTW, "I could care less how big my muscles get" is something you should care about somewhat. Muscle is more dense but smaller than a fat, and its an "active" cell. It burns calories. More muscle allows you to eat more and not gain weight (yeah!).

But, I'm guessing you know that already. Just don't worry about looking like the girls in Oxygen magazine. They do much more to acquire that look than 99 percent of us are willing to go through. You don't get that big/cut/athletic without 4-6 hours in the gym, a very strict diet, a lot of cardio, very comprehensive supplementation, and good genetics.

Even then, they don't look like that for very long after the contest/photo shoot.

you should be more worried that jumping up and down too much will make you short. :)

Sorry if I'm being "preachy".

Gulf Shores AL

Username hidden
(20 posts)
Have you had your blood work done as part of your annual physical? That information can also lead you to some additional supplementation. Also, is water retention/weight gain a problem? Are hormone levels, etc all normal?

Gulf Shores AL

Username hidden
(20 posts)
I would take a piece of grilled pineapple with a drop of balsamic vinegar over anything with honey in it. I hate Baklava...My weakness is Turkish delight, (Rahat Lakum we call it here) so I just never buy it.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16513 posts)
I guess...but that delicious baklava I had today in a Mideastern restaurant..nothing beats that..may be creme brulee or a floating island... (;-) Cant resist so I cheat from time to time..

New York NY

Username hidden
(313 posts)
This is not true. Healthy, raw foods taste better than processed food.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16513 posts)
"If it tastes good, spit it out" as they say..

New York NY

Username hidden
(313 posts)
Regarding produce. Fresh from farm to table in <48 hrs is best but not always feasible. When you can, check out local farmers' markets for stuff picked that morning. Second best is frozen. Yup! It's blanched & flash frozen within hours of harvest, locking in most nutrients. Steam or microwave with minimal added water (unless you are using the cooking water to make a gravy/sauce). Worst is canned (sodium is used as a preservative).

A little bit of coffee isn't bad (and may have some health benefits). Just watch what goes into the coffee. I put a little chocolate milk in mine (but it's my post-workout beverage with 4:1 carb:protein, so I guess you can say I add coffee to my chocolate milk).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Please "eat your fruit/vegetables" don't drink them. Juicers only pull out the water & sugar from produce. The best part is left behind. Eating gives you the fiber, gives you fullness, takes longer. Liquids empty out of your stomach quickly. No satiety factor.

Usually there is no quick fix. This is not a temporary "diet". This is about what you are going to eat/do for the rest of your life. So do what you can do same time next year. Make this your lifestyle. The closer you get to your goal, the slower it shows. But then it stays with you (avoid the yoyo).

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
No supplements will really help with weight loss; can't change thermodynamics without resorting to artificial metabolic stimulants (and the only effective versions of those are illegal).

Commercially available green tea extract and raspberry ketones (both being hyped by Dr Oz) is not the same "potency" used in the clinical studies that the sellers tout online (i.e. the research has not been replicated in independent laboratories and the amount you can buy is usually much less than what was tested...not to mention the only "published" studies I've found have been self published or based on presentations at meetings so they are not peer reviewed).

There still is no "magic bullet". Calories are units of energy. Thermodynamics & conservation of matter. Exercise & your basal metabolism burns fat & glucose for fuel & creates heat that is expelled into the athmosphere.

You will see lots of promises online. You'll get lots of recommendations for supplements from folks who may or may not have had success and happened to be using them at the same time; or they may have a financial incentive for you to buy them.

As a nutrition professional (Registered Dietitian with Sports Nutrition & Weight Mgmt background), here is my recommendation: Standard MVI (well known companies are all biologically available) with 100% RDA is more than enough. Omega3 from fish or flaxseed oil (with high DHA) for anti-inflammatory benefits (really good for those of us doing high intensity workouts). Anything else would require a 1:1 session looking at your health, your genetic health (i.e. family history) and usual diet history (to identify potential deficiencies).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: General Health and Weight Loss Supplements