Gastric Lapband : Swingers Discussion 188710
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessGastric Lapband
TOPIC: Gastric Lapband
Created by: couplecuriousnc
Original Starting post for this thread:
Just curious, has anyone had the Gastric Lapband procedure....

If so, would love to hear your experiences good and bad...

Thanks

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
I had my stomach stapled and a band was put around my digestive tube at the same time and it work great for 24 years I was at 400 lb and i got down to 147 and stayed there for 20 years then i started to lose weight real fast and I got down to 83 lb and when they found out that the band close off my stomach I was about 77lb and near dead.They try to get me to 100 lb so they could go in and fix it as I only had a 20%chance of making it though the surgery. But I could not keep any think down and every thing was coming back up in my sleep and it was going to my lungs .So on June 8 I went in to the hospital to have surgery to fix this and I came home on Aug 28 after spending 72 days in ICU and dying three times.I had to learn how to sit up and walk all over again.Before I would tell everyone to go for it but now I tell them not to do it as they do not know the long term effects with it.It has been almost 3 years and Iam still trying to get my strength back .To fix it they had to do the by pass surgery.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(2 posts)
I've seen it go both ways (I'm a registered dietitian so I've worked with this population both pre- and post-op). It is a lifestyle of last resort. It's not the magic bullet. It forces a drastic change in your food intake (small high protein/no sugar meals). And if you do not stick with the program, you can eat past it and regain any (or all) the lost weight. Consider it if your BMI (wt divided by ht squared) is >40 or >35 and you also have other medical risk factors (diabetes, heart disease, etc) or morbidly obese and nothing else has worked for you in the past. -h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
at 200 and 190 lbs respectively, you are likely not candidates for something so drastic.........

just my opinion, and Im no doctor, nor do I play one on TV

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(445 posts)
Just curious, has anyone had the Gastric Lapband procedure....

If so, would love to hear your experiences good and bad...

Thanks

Clayton NC
Username hidden
(3 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Gastric Lapband