Gait Analysis? : Swingers Discussion 244953
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessGait Analysis?
TOPIC: Gait Analysis
Created by: LadyandtheWolf
Original Starting post for this thread:
A question for you runners. I have recently begun training for my first 5K. I have never been a runner and I know I need better shoes. My question is, is there any value to having a gait analysis done? I know I pronate so I am taking that into consideration as I look for shoes.

I appreciate any advice.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
Absolutely ought to go to a running shop! If you wear the wrong shoes it may lead to knee issues. The support is the key issue here.

Other issues are the size of the toe box (bigger area allows more comfort). Also, weight is important: I prefer very light shoes (takes getting use to as it is not as padded) whereas my wife and kids prefers heavier shoes for comfort and support.

My wife and kids wear Brooks. However, there are other shoes that would work just as well. Given the mileage we cover, we prefer a running shoe company over a big box company. I can get 300-400 miles out of a pair before changing out and I always use at least 2 pairs to train in: alternating each day so the shoes can decompress overnight.

Charleston WV
Username hidden
(80 posts)
Yes go to a run shop to get a good pair of shoes. It will cost more but it is worth it. I pronate bad on my right foot and it is causing some problems in my knee (I'm blaming it anyway). My shoes start to break over in about 3 months even the good ones and I run about 15 miles a week. A cheap shoe doesn't last 2 weeks.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2274 posts)
I would avoid the box stores and find a running store in your area. Most running stores should do a partial gait analysis and get you into the right shoe. It may involve watching you walk around the store or run on a treadmill. They will also make sure the shoe is a proper fit in addition to the type of support. This shouldn't cost you anything and most stores will give you 90 days to return the show if it doesn't seem right. Also make sure to take in your old shoes, having them look at the wear pattern will help.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1 post)
A question for you runners. I have recently begun training for my first 5K. I have never been a runner and I know I need better shoes. My question is, is there any value to having a gait analysis done? I know I pronate so I am taking that into consideration as I look for shoes.

I appreciate any advice.

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3148 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Gait Analysis