Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness From Couch To Fit, what worked for you
TOPIC: From Couch To Fit, what worked for you
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 67   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I got motivated when my wife was leaving me. I was 39 getting ready to turn 40 in July. She told me bye in December 2010. I started working out and exercising in Mid April. I was 210lbs or so at the beginning with a size 36 waist. Today I am 170 or so depending on my diet. (still working) I am size 30 now. I substituted healthy foods for unhealthy ones. So I didn't have the convenience of that doughnut or twinkie. Never missed more than one day off, and still wont. I at least do push ups and ab routines if not feeling well.Maybe cardio. Just dont quit and take small steps.

Jackson MI
Username hidden
(67 posts)
I am 52,and anyone,any age can be as fit muscular as they choose with cardio,working out,and using certain herbals to maintain your endocrine system.Age is just a number.Be active and think outside the box.

Winter Haven FL
Username hidden
(131 posts)
Great posts! I feel for you if you are reading these posts about "weight" and feel like nothing works for you maybe this will help.

I once had a man in his 60's who asked me how he could get arms like mine. I said you want an honest answer? You wont! But there are things you can do to look your best. If you tried diets, gym, etc. and nothing works, its probably due to your expectations and doing things that will never work for you. The things on TV will never work for the majority of people. Here are a couple tips that may get you in the right direction:

1) GIVE YOUR EFFORTS TIME! How about a one year or longer time frame to get into a routine. Unless you have been involved in some grueling sports in the past and mentally know how to take the punishment you will quit. Start an exercise program that is VERY SIMPLE. Touch your toes, jumping jacks, stretching, etc.. and a SHORT time frame...30 minutes. Build up to a program that you can do and does not make you want to quit. If you wanna quit... WRONG PROGRAM.

2) Food. Start by cutting out a few things at a time. My first thing to cut when I need to lose weight is desserts. Then bread. Then portion size. BUT this works for me.

3) Learn what works for you. There is so much information on weight loss BUT nothing was written for you specifically. Learn from what's out there BUT make your own program. I trade things I love to eat for things I don't HAVE to have.

4) The Body is Stupid! It will do whatever the mind tells it to do. If you tell your legs to jump off a cliff... they will do it. So tell your body what its gonna do!

5) Find things to keep you motivated. I change my exercise routines when I get bored and I get bored easily!

Hope this helps!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
X-Marine here, if you are serious about getting yourself in shape and looking hot I suggest "Bodypump"! OMG, I never thought 10 pounds could weigh so much. We do rep after rep after rep. I have been on the couch for sometime but I can tell you this class will have me way ahead of schedule for my goals. I cannot wait and dread going each time.

Ankeny IA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
She's been doing CrossFit about 18 months now.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(983 posts)
Well, I don't have a solution that has already 'worked' for me because I'm still in the "getting back on the horse" mode.

My plan is doing yoga at home before work, going for morning walks, and hopefully going swimming also. Used to be a competitive swimmer once upon a time ago so I'm betting on that to keep me motivated also.

Always great to hear what has worked for others, though! Keep the motivation up and the negative thoughts down. :)

Denver CO
Username hidden
(529 posts)
I agree Paul. A high protein low carb diet, with at least three days of week with weight training and ab work, with one day of intense cardio. The fat just falls off. There really isn't a science to losing weight either in my opinion. People say that they want to try this diet or that diet. People always ask what works...

The simple answer is if your calorie intake is more than what you can burn off in a day you are going to gain wait. If it's lower, then you will lose weight. Eat right and you will be healthy.

Covington LA
Username hidden
(118 posts)
I would say, that short intense cardio, as in INTERVAL TRAINING is best, and a combination of weight lifting/kettlebell training. Also, LOW GLYCEMIC carbohydrates.

Port St Lucie FL
Username hidden
(1 post)
simple formula for us, (beyond all the health benefits)

we schedule at 2 naked party trips per year. the vanity in us makes us keep going. that is what works for us.

additionally, due to the fact that i am a cheap-ass PA Dutchman i refuse to gain weight, therefore requiring me to buy more clothes just to accomodate a bigger waistline.

so it is simple, for simple folks. Vanity and money.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2279 posts)
My master's beautiful body. I'm not completely fit yet but I lost 40 last year working on another 40 this year.

La Porte IN
Username hidden
(1 post)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 67   End
TOPIC: From Couch To Fit, what worked for you