Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness From Couch To Fit, what worked for you
TOPIC: From Couch To Fit, what worked for you
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   21 to 30 of 64   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm one of those persons that always was into physical fitness. Both sides of my family have all suffered from diabetes, heart attacks and stroke. Personally I refused to take medications. For me it's all about diet and exercise. I should have studied harder in school and become a physical education teacher.

Find someone to workout with is a good start if you're not inclined to do so on your own. If you really would do those tapes at home, do it. There are some inexpensive clubs out there, you don't have to spend a lot of money to join one.

Glendale Heights IL
Username hidden
(1 post)
It is a good question.One with many answers.There are several types of fitness level.Some like cardio.A more lean look,some like muscles.Find a sport,activity that you enjoy.If your older,over 25,your hormone levels start to drop.You have to maintain your endocrine system.A must.There are many herbals,and other products that can make your hormone level as normal as can be expected.I think a in depth search on ways to correct the aging process works great.Lately,Besides all the herbals I take,I am now taking Rose monatomic gold.Its the most interesting substance I have ever taken.Good look,think positive and stay focused.

Long Pond PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
As Main pointed out in another post, being on the prowl again. I got very out of shape and my no sex relationship was ending. By the time we split officially, I had lost most of the weight I had gained in the course of the relationship. Being single sausage, I knew being 50 pounds overweight wasn't going to do shit for me on SLS. I've probably got another 15 to lose and I'm going to, but I will have a very lean body again at that point. As it is I'm not far off and hold my own very well here. 45 pounds ago that certainly was not the case.

Saint Clair Shores MI
Username hidden
(228 posts)
What got us off the couch was the lifestyle. We have to look good to attract the ones we like ourselves.

Fairfax VA
Username hidden
(26 posts)
I started eating smaller meals, taking the stairs more often, and fitting in a work-out whenever I was close to a functional gym. My motivation became my job when I became slightly tired when I had to climb 7 flights of stairs straight to begin the job.

Owings Mills MD
Username hidden
(14 posts)
What motivated me was that my best friend went to a resort in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and had a bad Scooter Crash and broke both his legs. OUCH! i know..... This guy is the strongest person I know and he was just devastated. Prior to his vacation we would work out in his house or mine with weights, the ab wheel and Pull up bars, Etc.

His doctors said he couldn't even try to walk before 6 months, and I looked into getting him something to help with his Rehab. I found the Total Gym ( you know the Chuck Norris Infomercial by now I am sure..) So I knew my friend had one and was not using it so I picked it up for him while he was till in the hospital. naturally I started using it.

I could not believe how great this thing really was. it was actually fun to use for one thing. It uses your own body weight and there are tons of exercises that can be done on it. I wanted to get into better shape already and when I saw my friend going thru this devastating injury something just clicked for me. I started working with the Total Gym in July and I went from being a semi fit 250lbs to being 235lbs and seeing my abs more defined I have replaces fat with Muscle and I am toned up like never before. As a Former College Football player and a Former US Marine, I know a little somthing about working out and staying in good shape. The Total Gym is Excellent. 15 minutes a day and you are on your way to being in spectacular shape. If you can manage your diet, then you can look and feel your best very quickly

No matter what you use to stay in shape, Keep up the good work!!!! Look at yourself in the mirror naked every day and that should motivate you to do your 15 minutes a day until you become more and more happy with what you see. Good Luck and Ladies......... all you Total Gym Users and ladies that are into their fitness hit me up and lets work out together..... Wink Wink!!!

Staten Island NY
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Get off the couch, put the pizza & beer down...work out at least 6 days a week to start. LOts of cardio - it burns fat. Drink lots of water. It is hard to do at first, but if you think about it long term, you don't want grow to be an old person that has a ton of health problems. It can make for a misable retirement. Do something about the way you look and feel - it you are truly tired of it. I did and still do.

Federal Way WA
Username hidden
(6 posts)
I got motivated when my wife was leaving me. I was 39 getting ready to turn 40 in July. She told me bye in December 2010. I started working out and exercising in Mid April. I was 210lbs or so at the beginning with a size 36 waist. Today I am 170 or so depending on my diet. (still working) I am size 30 now. I substituted healthy foods for unhealthy ones. So I didn't have the convenience of that doughnut or twinkie. Never missed more than one day off, and still wont. I at least do push ups and ab routines if not feeling well.Maybe cardio. Just dont quit and take small steps.

Jackson MI
Username hidden
(67 posts)
I am 52,and anyone,any age can be as fit muscular as they choose with cardio,working out,and using certain herbals to maintain your endocrine system.Age is just a number.Be active and think outside the box.

Long Pond PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
Great posts! I feel for you if you are reading these posts about "weight" and feel like nothing works for you maybe this will help.

I once had a man in his 60's who asked me how he could get arms like mine. I said you want an honest answer? You wont! But there are things you can do to look your best. If you tried diets, gym, etc. and nothing works, its probably due to your expectations and doing things that will never work for you. The things on TV will never work for the majority of people. Here are a couple tips that may get you in the right direction:

1) GIVE YOUR EFFORTS TIME! How about a one year or longer time frame to get into a routine. Unless you have been involved in some grueling sports in the past and mentally know how to take the punishment you will quit. Start an exercise program that is VERY SIMPLE. Touch your toes, jumping jacks, stretching, etc.. and a SHORT time frame...30 minutes. Build up to a program that you can do and does not make you want to quit. If you wanna quit... WRONG PROGRAM.

2) Food. Start by cutting out a few things at a time. My first thing to cut when I need to lose weight is desserts. Then bread. Then portion size. BUT this works for me.

3) Learn what works for you. There is so much information on weight loss BUT nothing was written for you specifically. Learn from what's out there BUT make your own program. I trade things I love to eat for things I don't HAVE to have.

4) The Body is Stupid! It will do whatever the mind tells it to do. If you tell your legs to jump off a cliff... they will do it. So tell your body what its gonna do!

5) Find things to keep you motivated. I change my exercise routines when I get bored and I get bored easily!

Hope this helps!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   21 to 30 of 64   End
TOPIC: From Couch To Fit, what worked for you