From Couch To Fit, what worked for you : Swingers Discussion 1161641011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFrom Couch To Fit, what worked for you
TOPIC: From Couch To Fit, what worked for you
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 64   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanxs for the support. For a short time I wore 2 different foot pads. Then in July when I was at the NAS Jax exchange I bought Dr Sholes foot pad. The ones that you stand on and it maps your feet. I felt the different almost immediately. I also found out that Nike makes sneakers that have arch support built into the sneakers. Steve( I still haven't taken new pixs yet.)

Middleburg FL
Username hidden
(21 posts)
Clayhillcpl - Good on ya! Awesome!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Congratulations on your success,

What solution have you found for your heel spur issue?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Congrats on your progress (and making it from couch to 10K)!!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
Hi.. Last June(2011) I stopped making excuses. I started a low diet plus started walking. Listening to my body I worked my way thru minor aches and pains of my shins and joints. By Dec I had lost 35 lbs. I was to keep my weight stable at about 225lbs thru the winter. I started back walking about 5 miles in Feb. Then in March I got heel spur in my right foot. It took until This July to find proper solution to that problem. From late until this this morning I've lost another 19 lbs. I've been able to mix in jogging in my walks. This morning I did 10k(6.22 miles) in 74:03 mins. Steve P.S. I need to take a new pic.

Middleburg FL
Username hidden
(21 posts)
After my husband died a few years, I used food as my comfort. I was 30 pounds away from weighing 200 pounds!! I'm only 5'3" - so you can imagine! I also was losing my balance and falling a lot. I decided to get into Pilate's & TRX. I had taken a Pilate's class at a gym - which was awful! Lead by a skinny, flexible 20something; and the class was way too crowded, no personal attention at all. So I went to a smaller studio that specializes in Pilate's & TRX. I sign us for 50 private lessons. OMG what a change in my body, stamina, balance, etc.! Plus weight loss. Pilate's/Pilate's Barre/TRX has saved my life! I go to a Pilate's Barre class (Pilate's + Ballet) which is a small group. It is so inspiring! I'm hooked now and miss it when I can't go. I also started eating fresh foods, staying away from packaged/processed foods as much as I can. I have an organic protein shake for breakfast, then make lunch my main meal - lean meat with veggies. Have a protein snack in the late afternoon and skip dinner. Men - TRX was design by a Navy Seal for his team! Try it!

Cocoa FL
Username hidden
(218 posts)
Mr. Laughing here. I tripped the scales fantastic at 210lbs and did not look as pictured. Then about two months ago changed to a fresh foods menu, not a diet, just eating as the nutritionist so often recommend. The advice is everywhere, eat fresh vegetables, fruits, meats, several servings of fish a week. Stay away from all the processed foods in the center of the market. Exercise was a part of my routine, almost an hour daily, but I'm back down to a healthy weight of 180 at 6'. You do have to shop more to keep the fridge stocked and things do spoil, but I feel amazing.

Oklahoma City OK
Username hidden
(241 posts)
I don't think it's possible for someone to stay out of shape if they do Crossfit and eat Paleo (though that's strictly my own opinion). By "do Crossfit", I mean go to their website and do whatever the exercise for that day is. Scale it down to whatever you can accomplish. By "eat Paleo", I mean follow the Paleolithic diet indefinitely (more of a way of living- not a DIET). I do agree with most people on here that what you eat makes much more of a difference than the amount/intensity of exercise.

Cabot AR
Username hidden
(7 posts)
I agree with Coyboy. It is all in the diet when it comes to sculpting your body. If your body needs a certain amount of calories a day to maintain the weight you desire but eat 2000-3000 calories more than you need the end result will be Obesity. You can only burn so much more than your daily rate by excercising. Not even professional athletes can burn 2000 calories over and above their normal daily burn rate (what you will burn regardless of your activity). Cardio fittness has little to do with what you eat. I know people who are 50-80 pounds over weight but still have excellent cardio fittness because they do a lot of cycling or elliptical and still eat 5k to 6k a day. Not hard to pile up the calories, if you enjoy fast food and eat twice a day at BK or McD you can easily eat 4500 calories in one day. I am 5'9"200 pounds, for me to maintain my weight with my level of excercise I stay around 2800 Calories a day. Imagine a woman who is 5'3" eating 4500 calroies a day.... It is easier than you think to eat that many calories in a day and you don't even know it.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Its all in the diet, I dont care how much you workout, if your diet isnt on point, you are not going to get anywhere. In the last year I have gained 11 lbs of lean mass and lost 55 lbs of pure fat. Weight training, high intinsity interval training, MMA training, high protien moderate - low carb cycling diet worked for me.

Powell WY
Username hidden
(30 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 64   End
TOPIC: From Couch To Fit, what worked for you