From Couch To Fit, what worked for you : Swingers Discussion 116164
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFrom Couch To Fit, what worked for you
TOPIC: From Couch To Fit, what worked for you
Created by: LisaNWill
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 62   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mine was a "mental" decision. Until you REALLY make up in your mind that you want to do it, like anything else in life, you won't. Case in point. I really hate cardio inside or outside, whatever. However, this morning, I decided to do the 30 mins of cardio first and then did my weight training. It wasn't a picnic but I got through it. The music in the gym helped as well.

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2154 posts)
Male half weight training and mountain biking, female has always done cardio classes, zumba, etc. but just started T25 and the results have been amazing for her.

Millington TN

Username hidden
(3 posts)
cycling. 25-30 mile rides with hills provide an amazing workout.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(2131 posts)
Trail running. It's all about stamina.

Franklin TN

Username hidden
(25 posts)
When I was 20 to 21 I let myself go and got way too big, and by way too big keep in mind that I am 6'4", so I can carry a lot of weight really easily. I was up to 350lbs. When I got divorced I looked at myself in the mirror and realized I had to fix this is someone new was going to want to have sex with me. I burned that weight off in less than a year and held on to 220lbs for a long time. Even joined the military which I never thought I would do and got into long distance running.

Fast forward 10 years and I've let myself go again, this time while finishing my degree. Told myself that I didn't have time to exercise, go to school full time and work full time. It was convincing too. So again, I've been burning it back off. Except this time I'm in my 30s, not my early 20s. Big difference.

When I started out I could barely walk a mile. Now I'm up to running 3 routinely and starting to ramp it up to train for a local marathon in January. I work out in the gym five times a week in order to add my muscle mass back. Muscle mass is important because muscle burns up calories just being there. Also, when you damage a muscle by working out your base metabolism increases for up to 72 hours while that damage is repaired.

This time around I do have something that makes the effort much easier and helps offset my age. It's a book called "Eat to Live". I won't get on a pulpit and start preaching but the basics are this. Examine food based upon the nutrition per calorie, not the nutrition by weight. When looked at that way broccoli has 2 times the protein as steak. So now, by the book so to speak, 90% of my caloric intake comes from vegetables, fruits, legumes and very very few animal products. I feel like a new person eating this way.

Lake Dallas TX

Username hidden
(1 post)
I'm a big guy that's always been relatively fit, but started piling on the weight when I started working desk jobs 15 years ago. For me, there was barely enough time in the day to do the stuff I liked doing, much less exercise. I had bad knees from skateboarding and doing lots of crazy stuff in my youth, so I thought high impact workouts would be bad for me. I was self conscious about being at the gym and having folks laugh at the fat guys trying to work out.

Then one day, I decided I needed to do something. I started going to bed an hour earlier and waking up an hour earlier. During that extra hour in the morning, I committed to doing a 45 minute, high impact work out. It hurt and was no fun, but I stuck with it. The program wasn't a video tape or anything like that. It was an app on the iPad called "Volt Fitness" and cost me a dollar. At first I could barely complete any of the moves, but the results soon started becoming noticeable.

Today is the final day of the 60 day fitness plan. I've changed my diet to lots of fruits and veggies, as little starch as possible, and sensible portions for dinner. I've worked out each day as instructed, whether I wanted to or not...and I have lost over 20 pounds so far. I've built up a good amount of muscle and dropped two pants sizes. All after committing myself for only two months. Keep in mind, I'm not a robot. I've still had junk food here and there, drinks with friends on the weekend, even the occasional ice cream, but the results were still amazing.

I plan to keep working out and eating well to see how my body will keep improving. The only motivation I really have and need, is that I like to feel good. That's why my wife and I are on this site. And that's why we keep ourselves committed to healthy diet and exercise. While it doesn't feel good to restrict your diet or to work your muscles so hard you think you'll pass out. The results from those actions, make me feel incredible!

I urge everyone to try and do something. You don't have to love the workouts or the diet changes. It won't be easy, but the work will be worth it!

Highlands NJ

Username hidden
(21 posts)
Steve - get some new pics and then compare them...it's amazing to see! Good work!

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Update: I've now lost 58 lbs. I've gone from 260 to 202. Hoping to be under 200 lbs really soon.

Middleburg FL

Username hidden
(21 posts)
Thanxs for the support. For a short time I wore 2 different foot pads. Then in July when I was at the NAS Jax exchange I bought Dr Sholes foot pad. The ones that you stand on and it maps your feet. I felt the different almost immediately. I also found out that Nike makes sneakers that have arch support built into the sneakers. Steve( I still haven't taken new pixs yet.)

Middleburg FL

Username hidden
(21 posts)
Clayhillcpl - Good on ya! Awesome!

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 62   End
TOPIC: From Couch To Fit, what worked for you