Free info - What do you want to know : Swingers Discussion 2213621011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFree info - What do you want to know
TOPIC: Free info - What do you want to know
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
User Details are only visible to members.
The best way to lose fat is increasing your lean muscle mass. This increases your BMR and thus you keep the fat off. It should be a regimen of cardio and resistance training as resistance training elevates your metabolism for longer periods than cardio.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Please feel free to ask questions. I know everyone loves to be a fitness expert but there are a lot of fads, and fiction that sound great and people buy into (example is the green shake diet). I'd like to address your questions to a larger audience so they too can get the info.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Don't completely cut carbs out of your dinner. Your body has a basal metabolic rate which means that at rest it is burning calories, healing itself, repairing damages, fighting infections etc. Quinoa is a good carb to eat moderately (1 serving) with dinner as it is also very high in protein. Remember to balance your diet. For maintaining a good healthy diet the 3, 2, 1 rule works well and can be tailored to fit you. 3 parts carb, 2 parts protein, 1 part fat. Carbohydrates are your bodies main source of energy. Without then the body can break down muscle and convert it into energy. This is called the "catabolic" state.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Bonis. Keep in mind that your body needs fats to function (lubricate organs, create cell membranes etc.) Lipids (fats) are essential to a healthy lifestyle. Your diet should reflect your lifestyle and activity level so that you ate taking in the right kinds and amounts of fats, proteins, and carbs. An example of good fat is Salmon. This is the best source of protein and Omega 3's which also help lubricate your joints.

It's best to sit with your trainer and put together a custom diet for you. Everyone's body is different so beware of people that say "It worked for me so this should work for you."

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Thanks mrs Svc! Good info and mostly logic, burn more calories than to ingest to lose weight! We are doing the p90x workouts again, me to burn fat, him to bulk up. We're replacing our beef night with fish dinners instead, and usually only eat chicken breast or turkey anyhow. We are trying to reduce grains after 4 pm, since they turn into sugars and we don't need that type of energy at the end if the day. We are also cutting down on alcohol, though our club night is an exception, LOL

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(238 posts)
Tips to losing fat? Yes, high intensity interval training and building/maintaining muscle burns more calories overall than just steady paced cardio.

To lose fat you need to burn more calories than you ingest and that helps use up stored fuel (fat).

You can still gain weight with a "Fat-free" diet if you continue to eat too many calories. Many people find that removing sugars and processed starches from their diet helps more than removing all fats.

Best diet has a balance from all food groups with increased emphasis on lean proteins & vegetables, minimize (or avoid) processed foods/added sugars/added salt/added fats. Some folks do better if their intake is divided throughout they day, many have to make sure they avoid eating after a certain hour of the evening.

mrs svc (registered dietitian/nutritionist)

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
So is cardio and interval training the best way to burn fat? Obviously taking in less or no fats will help you nt gain any MORE fat but what is the most efficient method to burning off the layer of blubber?!? :) Mrs B

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(238 posts)
Fiction: You can burn fat from specific regions of the body by exercising those areas.

Fact: Contrary to what anyone may want you to believe, the phenomenon of "spot reduction" has absolutely no factual basis. When you exercise, you utilize energy produced by metabolizing fat from all the regions of your body - not just the specific muscles involved in the exercise. Performing sit-ups, for example, will not trim the fat off your abdominal region any more rapidly than off your buttocks or thighs. The exercise may firm up the area but will not make it disappear.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Where: Meyer Park (North side - Gazebo at the back of the parking lot

When: May 31, 2013 10am - 11am

What: My name is John-Brandon Pierre, Owner of Pinnacle Fitness. I spent 12 years in the Marines as a Body Conditioning NCO, and am currently working with the ISSA (International Sports Science Association). I am now a personal trainer that does in-home training and training via live streaming (I can train anywhere in the world). Proper fitness and dieting information is vital to successfully reaching your fitness goals safely and I believe it should be free.

During this free 1 hr meet up I will be discussing various facts and myths that may surprise you. The truth behind fad workouts, foods, and diets is never in marketing and TV ads.

This is my 1st free meeting so if you're in the area I'd love to meet you and give you some free info. I'll be having these once a month on the last Friday of the month.

I posted this in the forums because I'd like to know what questions you may have regarding dieting and fitness? If you have a question, I'll have the answer or I'll find the answer. I plan on recording future free meetings, in which I can address your questions directly, and posting them on YouTube to everyone can have access to them.

Thanks for your support.

FYI: This isn't to cultivate personal info. I sincerely do want to hear your voice and your questions. I believe information is best given in open discussion.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
TOPIC: Free info - What do you want to know