Free info - What do you want to know : Swingers Discussion 221362
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFree info - What do you want to know
TOPIC: Free info - What do you want to know
Created by: Johnny1371
Original Starting post for this thread:
Where: Meyer Park (North side - Gazebo at the back of the parking lot

When: May 31, 2013 10am - 11am

What: My name is John-Brandon Pierre, Owner of Pinnacle Fitness. I spent 12 years in the Marines as a Body Conditioning NCO, and am currently working with the ISSA (International Sports Science Association). I am now a personal trainer that does in-home training and training via live streaming (I can train anywhere in the world). Proper fitness and dieting information is vital to successfully reaching your fitness goals safely and I believe it should be free.

During this free 1 hr meet up I will be discussing various facts and myths that may surprise you. The truth behind fad workouts, foods, and diets is never in marketing and TV ads.

This is my 1st free meeting so if you're in the area I'd love to meet you and give you some free info. I'll be having these once a month on the last Friday of the month.

I posted this in the forums because I'd like to know what questions you may have regarding dieting and fitness? If you have a question, I'll have the answer or I'll find the answer. I plan on recording future free meetings, in which I can address your questions directly, and posting them on YouTube to everyone can have access to them.

Thanks for your support.

FYI: This isn't to cultivate personal info. I sincerely do want to hear your voice and your questions. I believe information is best given in open discussion.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I just wanted to thank everyone that came yesterday. It was a great turn out, especially for the first. I appreciate your support and will keep everyone informed on the next meet up, tentatively, on June 28th. I'll have the video up on FB, YouTube, and Google+ today.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Sounds ok ... only change i'd make is the soy. I'd use almond milk. Research into soy has shown that soy isn't as great as it was marketed. Not to mention the extra hormones have negative effects in Men and can have negative effects in women also. Almond milk is far better than Soy in my opinion. If it has the potential for harm, why risk it when there are better alternatives.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Oh! We were thinking of doing Visalus shakes but they're made with Splenda, which I can't stand (I use stevia as my sweetener in place of sugar!)

Millington TN
Username hidden
(238 posts)
What about supplemental shakes? Mr B and I use a 25g protein, low sugar low fat protein shake from target (yah, el cheapo! Lol) mixed with 1 cup soy milk, 1 cup fruit and 8oz yoghurt as our breakfast. Neither of us have the stomach to eat early in the morning after we work out, but understand we need SOMETHING. All in all, I think it's 5 g fat, 29 Gprotein, and about 240 calories for our post workout breakfast. Is that ok?!

Millington TN
Username hidden
(238 posts)
I agree with SVC. Many trainers go with the fads because they sell. Everyone is into Crossfit and HITT training where as if you have joint issues, prior injuries, etc. you stand a big chance of revisiting those injuries. You have to do the training and dieting that is right for your body.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Highly recommend sitting down with a Registered Dietitian (who is a member of SCAN or ACSM) to fine tune your nutritional intake. Some trainers are well educated, others can be pure quacks.

To decrease muscle mass you have to lift less heavy weights, just do more body weight movements (yes, higher reps). Would also suggest yoga and/or pilates to keep strength, add flexibility and maybe elongate your muscles.

mrs svc (RD/N - SCAN member, Crossfit Level 1 Cert)

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(956 posts)
Keep it up! The first 2 weeks are usually the hardest, then it's just being consistent. Remember, getting fit and trim and in shape is nothing more than your body adjusting to the stress you are placing it under to function more efficiently. That's the golden nugget of info that ultimately wraps all of fitness up.

The body is a machine and all it cares about is survival and efficiency. Keep up the good work, the best part about getting to your goal is the journey.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Thanks Johnny!!! We are only a week into p90xing and I can already feel a difference in how my clothes fit!!! A few more months and a whole new wardrobe will be in order! Just by cutting out sodas and the mass quantities of coffee with creamer, I dropped 25# since December. Now I'm ready to tone and drop the fat, even if my weight stays the same!

Millington TN
Username hidden
(238 posts)
1. I'd check the kind of Quinoa you buy. It should be very bland unless you add salt or additives to it. Use it unseasoned and eat it with a meat like Salmon or chicken that naturally has sodium.

2. Lower weight, higher reps. Try to bring your reps up to 15-20 per set and start including more cardio. Just don't forget to monitor your calories bc when you increase your workout you burn more and you need to replace them. Track your measurements, weight and BF% for 2 weeks and see document the changes. The more fit you are, the smaller the changes will be but if you see improvement then you can consider making small adjustments.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
2 questions.

1. On the the qinioa( or however it is spelled?), I have tried cooking it 3 or 4 times, no matter how I try to prpare it, it comes out tasting soooo salty, so I worry about the sodium content, should I?

2. I have good solid muscle and good cardio, but I want to decrease over all weight, what is a good way to decrease muscle mass without decreasing tonal quality, I guess to go from a bulkier build to more of a swimmers build. The joints are starting to suffer from the stockier build.

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Free info - What do you want to know