Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Five Ways One Has To Pay the Price for Obesity
TOPIC: Five Ways One Has To Pay the Price for Obesity
Created by: Seduction4Two The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
This is a hard call. On one hand yes, I agree. For example, food stamps: I believe that if you eat on the tax payer's dollar you will eat healthy foods. There will be no crap in your diet, etc. Nothing pisses me off like seeing Moms ahead of me paying with the Lone Star card and buying garbage for their kids like sugar filled cookies, doughnuts, Pop Tarts...buy that on your dime, not mine. Traveling, I agree with that as well. I can't stand being on a plane and having someone almost sitting in my lap. But then again........we do have civil liberties. And one of our rights is that if we want to be obese we can. I don't know what the answer is. In a free society you cannot FORCE people to live healthy lives. I do think that insurance companies are going to start going the route of smokers...if your BMI is a certain number your premiums are higher and such as that. The key is I think in teaching our children healthy lives.

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
pshaw!!! hush yo mouf!! We ain't gonna be havin none o that educated speechifyin up in hea!!

Next thing you know, those that have accepted that fat is king will be in here attacking us.../hide

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
Torta...Sounds like a great plan. Hopefully you'll also have the opther kind of health insurance--the kind that pays for illness care. If so, ask your insurer if there is some kind of discount for joining and attending a fitness center. Some will discount for this kind of pre-emptive care.

Seduction for Two...Thanks for the pointer to the BBW thread. You would be chagrinned--but not surprised--to hear the statements made to me in the office and hospital on a regular basis. We need to create a different vision of health, of wellbeing, and of personal responsibility. This is not a matter of politics. It is not a matter of race, gender, ethics, or any other social construct. It is a matter of biology.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(439 posts)
Torta...

You are precisely on track when you suggest the need for consistent activity for your daughter. We made it a family affair. Let the school fulfill the appropriate group sports activities. What worked for us was a family gym membership. Worth every penny. Our daughter is now 22 and at the gym for at least an hour a day. We call it "health insurance".

FL

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(439 posts)
Yeah, they really screwed up the education system. teachers are not allowed to "teach" anymore. They are only allowed to assign pre-determined work that culminates in an end of year test.

Because of this, I gave my kids a choice..after school activity that involves sweat, or come home and sweat-equity for your food.

Daughter chose ROTC, twins chose wrestling..

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
When I was in school, I had physical education (gym class, etc.) In elementary school, we had it every day. In Jr. and High School, we had it at least two or three days a week. We also had to take a fitness test that I believe was mandated by the government. We also had health classes too. Whatever happened to Phys ed and health class? Was it replaced by bigger cafeterias for lunch?

M

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1843 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Five Ways One Has To Pay the Price for Obesity