Fitness Oriented Motivational Posts : Swingers Discussion 104578
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFitness Oriented Motivational Posts
TOPIC: Fitness Oriented Motivational Posts
Created by: Couplenit4fun The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Tort its 5:38am and my oats are cooking as I type this lol...they actually smell much better than they looked in the bag haha....I was like oh snap what have those women talked me into this time. LOL!! But they are smelling rather nice I must admit.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
I agree with Scorp. Since I am new to the fitness arena I have a thousand questions that to those who are more experienced can seem repetitive and dumb lol...but thank you Poly for always answering me patiently. Oh, and I bought steel cut oats tonight....we'll see how it goes!

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
Coming in on the parenting discussion y'all are having. I come from a Father who was a Marine and all that this implies. He was tough. I was in a fight with a girl when I was about 8ish. He looked at me and said if I didn't beat her ass he was going to beat mine. I was totally raised with the belief that 2nd place is just the first to lose. This instilled in me perfectionism which I deal with to this day. With our children we do instill in them the fact that you have to be willing to do the work necessary in order to achieve. But we do not instill in them the belief that winning is all there is and to lose is simply not acceptable like I was raised. I believe that losing is a part of life. If you cannot lose well you will not win well. So I agree with Tort. If my children bust their ass and try their hardest and honestly know that they tried their hardest I will not ask for more. We strive to improve but realize that improvement is a continual thing.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
Erica are you being naughty again? LOL

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
A comment on fitness, motivation and kids.

It is surely important to encourage kids to have a winning attitude, and it is equally important to teach kids to learn from--and find strength from--their losses.

The decision to get fit, stay fit and enjoy being fit is more complicated. First, it's important that the environment send consistent messages. "Do as I say, not as I do" never works. Kids watch parents. Even so, there are all sorts of competing pressures and just because parents set a good example, it is impossible to predict how this settles onto a child's brain. Inducements are also a bad idea.

We've had the difficult situation of a child who, since early teens, has been underactive and overeating with the predictable consequence. As every parent knows (or will learn), we parents become progressively less wise and knowledgeable through the child's teen years.

Interestingly, as she went through her junior year of college, we parents suddenly became very wise. It was if our individual IQs doubled in a matter of months. Our advice was sought, given and acted upon. Coincidentally, eating and exercise habits changed overnight and she is now at the gym daily, 90 minutes a day, real workouts.

I mention this simply to stress the importance of setting an example for your kids and sticking to it. You may not think the example is sticking, they may not know that it is sticking, but it is sticking in their brains.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(436 posts)
depends on what you mean by talking during oral and whether I'm on the giving or receiving side. While receiving yes I tend to be vocal, but not sure you could count the moaning and screaming I do under a talented tongue as talking. Giving my mouth is usually too full for talk ;0!

PG

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17004 posts)
to each their own, back when I was body building I never competed, I knew it was something I wouldn't enjoy. I enjoy showing horses, so I'm smiling when I ride, if I'm having the ride of my life I'm grinning from ear to ear. Everyone watching knows I'm enjoying the hell out of what I'm doing. If my kids are ever so focused on winning that they can't smile about what they are doing it will break my heart.

PG

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17004 posts)
I've won some I've earned, I lost some I should have won (lol one of my friends after one class told me she was taking me to the nearest clinic for a pregnancy test, I looked at her very confused and asked why, she told me "because you just got royally screwed") And I'm sure along the way I've won some I shouldn't have. To me it is all part of a journey. I watch tapes, review my performance to see where I can improve on. A judges opinion is just that their opinion. And opinions can be bought. Today this little girl from KY could be showing against the 3 time Olympic champion and get her butt beat. To me it would still be a positive thing, I will learn something from that experience and who knows with enough hard work and determination I might best them next time. But some people get so caught up in the winning they don't enjoy the journey there.

PG

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17004 posts)
I agree teaching them to reach for their goals is a good thing, to always try as hard as they can, push themselves to be better. What I can't stand is sitting by the horse show ring and watching someones spoiled little darling that has been taught it is all about winning sit there and kick and hit her horse because someone told her she is always supposed to win. Never mind that said little darling miscued the horse causing the problem to begin with. I much prefer the ones like my children that while they would prefer to win, lose with grace and dignity and go back to working hard so they can be the ones on top the next time. It is about the journey and what you make of it.

PG

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17004 posts)
hmmmm I don't quite go with the its about winning mind set. But I don't like the way things are going with everybody wins either. I think kids need to win and lose. You strive to do your best and learn to accept that on some days someone just might be better then you, then you try harder so maybe next time you can be the one that comes out on top.

PG

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17004 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Fitness Oriented Motivational Posts