Fitness Bitchfest : Swingers Discussion 796581082
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFitness Bitchfest
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   82 to 91 of 824   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It all depends on the individual, Racer. Hubby ran the several 13.1 & 2 - 26.2. His first 26.2 was 5 hours 34 mins [NJ]. He's an old fashion lifter. He does not get into all the new things in the fitness world. And has to work on flexibility. He was ver sore the first year [even though he prepped for almost a year].

Second time around his time was less by 4 mins. His prep a mere 3 months. Zero soreness.

Interestingly, he ran a 13.1 about a year ago for which he prepped quite a bit. And was nursing majorly sore calves.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
As a serious weight lifter, you will have to resist the urge to want to go out and kick it's ass, especially if they are playing Rocky theme song type stuff at the starting line. Matching your 2 halves is key! Hanging with the 4:45 pacer would be good thing the first half. Your body is obviously use to a lot of physical trauma and you will have to rely on this "Ace up your sleeve" come mile 17 when the real fight starts! This is when you can make your move to go catch the 4:30 pacer if you have enough gas and flat-out meaness left in ya! LoL Funny, but true. A full marathon is special and real feather in your cap! Very Fun too!! in a crazy sorta way. Pic is of Janet crossing the finish line at the 4:48 mark this past January in the Charleston Marathon at age 54.

Bonneau SC
Username hidden
(316 posts)
Thank you Sed4Two.

Yes, 5 hours is about where I'm thinking (my first 1/2 was 2:12)...right now my plan is start with the first 10k slow steady, walk while drinking at a few of the water stations, then re-evaluate. Aiming for 10-11 min/mile pace. Keep the heart rate modest. Legs don't get as tired as my shoulders (I tend to hold them too tight when jogging).

Since I'm really not a runner, this will be a huge challenge for me.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(955 posts)
Mrs. SVC. Your first marathon will feel like pure insanity as well. A person's body is simply not use to working like that for 5 hours. 5 hours would be a good goal for your first one. Good luck!

Bonneau SC
Username hidden
(316 posts)
Mrs.Svc

I love this photo of you!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
And you shouldn't have to workout 1-2 hrs for 4-5 times a week. Unless you spend a little more time with the O-lifts. This morning we did a 5 min warmup (jump rope, burpees and handstand pushups). Another 5 min plank & then 15 V situps (Mikey likes to do core work during warmup). About 15 min for push press strength work (yesterday we did back squats). The MetCon (metabolic conditioning) segment was 10 reps down to 1 of Thruster (65 lb was women's weight) inbetween did 1 up to 10 reps chest-2-bar pullups. The C2B is my limiting factor. Starting around the round of 7 the muscle fatigue limited me to 1 every 10 sec (finished 7 rounds in 10 min but took me 6 more minutes to do the last 3 rounds because it was 8, 9, and 10 reps C2B - ugh!!!). Tomorrow is rest day. Thursday I might do the MetCon if I get out of work on time, otherwise, I'm spending an hour in the OLift corner working on my clean & jerks. Friday is rest day. Saturday morning at 9a is mystery workout, might do a double that morning (kettlebell class is at 10a). Sunday is a hike in the morning, massage in the afternoon.

mrs svc.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(955 posts)
Mrs. SVC ......"You gotta lift heavy shit" I freaking LOVE THAT QUOTE!!! Truer words were never spoken. My friends.......this is why Mrs. SCV has a powerful, beautiful physique. In the pic, where she is sipping the straw,.........just look at those thighs! That can only come from doing FULL squats with relatively heavy weights. This lady has busted her ass in the gym! Good going, I am very impressed!

Bonneau SC
Username hidden
(316 posts)
Just might take a little extra effort but body composition change *is* possible. Take a closer look at your diet, your workouts and what you do the other 22-23 hours of the day (an hour on the treadmill doesn't make up for 8 hrs sitting at a desk, 2 hrs driving, 5 hrs sitting on the couch, etc).

For true muscle building, you have to challenge yourself. Pick up heavy shit. There is no such thing as "toning", you either get stronger, or just maintain. Remember, muscles burn the calories all day (and night). I've increased my muscle mass about 3-4 lbs this past year so I'm able to eat more calories and still maintain my weight loss from last summer.

To see the muscles, you have to take closer look at your diet. Not just calories but also where those calories come from, and when you eat/drink them. Good breakfast, balanced proteins, don't overdo the starches, limit those simple sugars, healthy fats. Don't eat too late at night.

Last summer, for our gym fitness challenge, I started using myfitnesspal dot com to track, now keep doing it out of habit and to monitor what I can get away with but still keep my weight 136-138 lb (my lowest last summer was 134 lb, 15% body fat - too low).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(955 posts)
severe severe hamstring spams tonight affecting my low back & glutes but rendering me unable to even bend half way and driving home in excruciating pain. Thank goodness I already had a massage scheduled but I might have scared the new guy with how many knots, trigger points and other issues I had tonight. Just got done icing the glutes & hips. Guess I have a forced rest the remainder of the week. Damn.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(955 posts)
On Monday I got oddly carsick on the way to kickboxing. I then spent 50 minutes learning how hard it is to have motion sickness and try doing reverse hook kicks. Oi...

New Market MD
Username hidden
(196 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   82 to 91 of 824   End
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest