Fitness Bitchfest : Swingers Discussion 796581042
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFitness Bitchfest
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 837   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mrs SVC, so sorry to hear this news. Positive thoughts and vibes for a quick recovery.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
SVC. I think we all are wishing you a speedy recovery.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2757 posts)
mrs svc: best of luck for a smooth & speedy recovery.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2883 posts)
Wow sorry to hear this news. Speedy recovery and take care of yourself.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3629 posts)
Just got out of the hospital. Pain was so bad we ended up calling 911 and I was seeing white hot pain when they carried me down the stairs. Haven't seen the updated MRI yet. Hopefully didn't rupture a disk (that would = fusion after the laminectomy). Now on steroids (needed IV in the hospital to allow me to stand again). Oral prednisone taper for the rest of the month. Fingers crossed insurance will okay the surgery soon. Steroids + no exercise = high risk weight gain (damn it). But I know that if I lost the extra fat & got strong before, I can do it again after my recovery. No more Crossfit wods for me the next six months, but I'll be back.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Such crushing news SVC. I don't think anyone who isn't a performance athlete can even understand how tough that must be for you. Good luck with it all.

Listen to the doc but research for yourself too, most docs deal with couch potatoes at our age and sometimes make some assumptions that may not be valid.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2757 posts)
IMO, this is a classic case of having to listen to your body, and your doctor. There is no way to workout and stay injury free without the proper rest and nutrition. Parrillo Performance, one of the best nutrition companies in the business says there is no such thing as over-training. It's under eating. I totally agree. The formula we use in many areas of fitness is way too little fuel to accommodate the output. I am not talking about couch potatoes but rather an elite athlete like SVC and a hard working one like me.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3629 posts)
Mrs. SVC, I feel your pain, literally. I spent 34 years with a broken L5 vertebra. It happened when some other kids pulled a prank on my while I was in the 8th grade. It wasn't diagnosed until 2009. By that time, I had a grade 3 spondelolisthesis, meaning that my vertebrae were sliding off each other enough to cut half my spinal cord off. The pain was very intense.

Recovering from my fusion wasn't a whole lot of fun, but it was worth it. I'm getting some pain back in my hips and legs. I'm pretty sure it's from the deteriorating L4-L5 disk. If it gets bad enough, I'll go to the doctor about it.

Hang in there. Getting the problem fixed is almost always the best course of action. The restrictions during recovery are worthwhile for the benefit of having the pain eliminated.

-Scott

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(204 posts)
Bitching.

Spinal stenosis getting worse. Legs are on fire (L4 and L5 nerves feeling pressure or decreased blood flow). Had my pre-op evaluation PT yesterday. She agreed with the doctor, stretching isn't going to fix this. But recommended some movements (McKenzie method Treat Your Back) and I felt good after doing them last night.

A little later this morning my low back started to spasm. And then the fire was all over my lower legs. Pain all afternoon (only short respite after the stretching). Driving home was uncomfortable. Took a pain pill and a muscle relaxant as soon as I got home. And stretched. Felt good/comfortable for about 3 hours. Now it's back.

The worst part is that I haven't done any workout since Friday noon. Nothing. And I'm feeling worse. The soonest I might be able to get my laminectomy is probably early June. And then there is NO jerky movements or weight overhead for 3 months. Just walking. Probably going to be a year to get back into any weight training. Fingers crossed I'll be able to do short jogs, the PT said I probably shouldn't think about any marathon running :(

So sorry if I'm feeling pretty bitchy right now.

mrs svc.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Been there, done that. Sometimes think about quitting....but then I remember all the events I've already signed up for (BADASS Dash - Obstacle Course Race; Half Marathon, Full Marathon; Rhino Night Obstacle Race; 24 hr Rhino Ruck; Crossfit Games Open).

Maybe you need a change of perspective. Is there something you've put on your bucket list? Related to a competition that would require training? Sign up for it and TRAIN for it. Mix up your routine and go do something completely different. A friend of mine saw a groupon for trapeze class. She's have a ball. Last weekend I did a Spartan Trail run training session (there were about 60 people who showed up for this, and half of us got lost on the trail, ended up doing a little rock climbing before we doubled back and found the running trail). Pick a workout benchmark and recheck yourself every two weeks, see if you are faster or stronger. Self competition sometimes keeps us from getting bored with the routine.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(972 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 837   End
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest