Fitness Bitchfest : Swingers Discussion 796581031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFitness Bitchfest
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 793   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hey VAbeach,

I think nearly everyone struggles with the mental aspect of staying motivated to work out. The physical part can be tough, but it's lack of long termmotivation, that sabotages most people from getting, or staying fit. The best thing you can do is try to make your workouts more interesting. For the ladies that can mean Zumba, or some sort of dance workout, even possibly pole dancing. Dancing workouts can be a really great workout, while still being enjoyable! You should still try to incorporate some strength training though! For the guys it can be a bit tougher making the WOs enjoyable, although biking, or playing basketball can be great cardio workouts! But when you're grinding out the heavy reps during strength training, I find the best motivator to be, thinking about how great allthis pain will make your body look to the ladies! Changing up your strength training a bit, can keep things moreinteresting as well! Of course for those of you who can afford a personal trainer, they are always a huge help with the motivation, as long as youget your butt to thegym first!

Hudson OH

Username hidden
(79 posts)
I don't mean pain... I mean the mental part. The thing is I no longer want to do it. I have to force myself against my will for around 4-5 consecutive days, and from then on my body forces me.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17601 posts)
best bet?

for every 5 days that you're away from your normal fitness routine, set aside one hour for fitness. dedicate 40-45 minutes to cardio (power walk, run, bike, elliptical--whatever you can access)

dedicate ten minutes to minimal strength: freestanding squats, push-ups etc

final five, get in 100 straight crunches.

not a cure all by any means but getting back to it should be less painful.

Manville NJ

Username hidden
(845 posts)
My bitchfest:

Once I'm in a groove, I have no problem getting up to workout every morning. In fact, I feel crappy unless I do.

We just got back from a 17-day vacation/work trip, during which I never hit the gym once. I always say I will, but I don't. A disruption like this feels like starting all over. How do you prevent this??

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17601 posts)
I certainly feel your pain Seduction. I know what you are going through. I would not have the surgery either. But, the orthotic pads from the orthopedic surgeon might provide some relief. That is the next best thing. Hang in there!

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(23 posts)
Both, hubby and I suffer form it. Hubby is nursing this agony for year number 3. He had 3 shots thus far and wont have anymore.

I am not planning on having any. The pain is constant, though at times worse. So bad at times that I literally drag my foot behind me.

Surgery is just not something that either of us is interested in.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Seduction, I have plantar fascitis also, and have had cortisone shots too. They hurt like hell. If you have too much cortisone over time, they can break down tendons, and cause them to rupture. This happened to a family member who has this also. I went to a orthopedic surgeon who fitted me with shoe orthotic pads, which is a tremendous help. But when I get a bout of PF twice a year or so, I just have to deal with it, as uncomfortable as it might be.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(23 posts)
FB- have a big pole training thing this week-end with some championship winning polers from the US and Australia and my body just feels weak.

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17018 posts)
Plantar fasciitis is going to be the end of me. I refuse refuse cortisone shots. But the pain is awful. I stretch all the time. Its been over six months now. It sucks.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Congrats SVC on finishing your first Full Marathon!!! Really cool to get that first one under your belt. Quick recovery! It took us about 3 full weeks to get our complete strength back. They say the key to marathon running is MATCHING your two halves. Like 2:25 and 2:25 would break the 5 hour mark next time. Good going and good luck!

Bonneau SC

Username hidden
(271 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 793   End
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest