Fitness Bitchfest : Swingers Discussion 7965810201
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFitness Bitchfest
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest
GoTo Page: Less ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... More 
Start   201 to 210 of 793   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Rope burns (back of thighs).

UGH!!

(on the bright side, I climbed that 15' sucka 11 times!!!)

-h

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Thanks to all who replied. I am grateful for your thoughts and your concern.

The frozen shoulder will improve, just as it did on the contralateral side.It is a nuisance, nothing more.

I look at our nation's veterans, so many of whom have lost limbs protecting life and rights in a desolate foreign land, and reflect on my good fortune to have a temporary loss of function. Each of them would trade so much to have my modest problem.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(436 posts)
Adding to the frozen shoulder thread, my personal experience is that you have to be assertive and inquisitive to medical professionals with respect to nailing down a specific diagnosis and treatment program. The tendency of the general practitioners I've seen is to describe the symptoms as "ideopathic" and recommend drugs and PT on the basis of what they don't know.

My point is, PT is important, but nobody will know if it is really ideopathic unless someone with experience actually looks with the tools that they have (xray, cat, ultrasound). Problem is, the cost is in the hundreds of dollars to take an adequate picture. So they try the treatments that they can try without looking first, sometimes regardless of the amount of pain and immobilization the patient has.

If you are a patient with a very unassertive personality, it is quite possible to be dragged along blindly for months this way, and virtually forgotten by the general practitioner under the assumption that no news is good news.

In my case, the PT was tried for several weeks time but as symptoms progressed I also insisted on an x-ray, which turned up the underlying cause I expected based on family history (a bone spur, basically a thickening of the bone in the shoulder joint). That, in turn, was treatable by shoulder surgeon. The surgery was outpatient but I looked like a Borg with tubes and padding stuck on me for 3 days; in about 3 months with a month of PT and exercising on my own, I was back to full range of motion with no pain.

Wake Forest NC

Username hidden
(21 posts)
That's just absolutely terrible :(...

I hope that your healing is fast and as painless as possible.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
A note on frozen shoulders--from the patient who is smart enough not to be his own doc...

About 2% of the population will experience this. Mostly ages 40-60 (something to look forward to!). Predilection for women. Diabetes also a risk factor.

The pathology is inflammation--not of the joint but of the capsule encasing the joint.

Most affected--ABduction and external rotation (seduction and others will understand this). Beyond about 70 degrees AB duction at the shoulder, the entire shoulder girdle has to rotate. External rotation against resistance (e.g. a simple band) is nearly impossible. Biceps basically fails (because of the tendon inside the capsule)--I can hold 20# against gravity compared to being able to curl 10 x 60# on the nondominant arm.

I continue to work with a trainer 3 days/week and at gym 2 others. Probably better than PT. As for steroid injections, there are too many effects of steroids that frighten me to submit to that.

It'll get better in time--but the trajectory is measured in years. Shaving is a nuisance, button down collars are also a nuisance. On the other hand, I can hang a disabled tag around my neck at parties and lots of sympathy...!

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(436 posts)
justintyme6868

By all means do! welcome to the forums! :)

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
Hello all , I would like to share and express views with everyone

Chattanooga TN

Username hidden
(1 post)
Hope your shoulder fixes quick!

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Frozen shoulder ~~ inflamation and calcification of the joint with scar tissue adhesions that progressively limits the range of motion and increases pain when you move, eventually leading to inability to move the arm at the shoulder. An extreme case: Senator McCain had his shoulders frozen from mistreatment as a prisoner. Most other cases can be treated with PT and/or surgery + PT.

Wake Forest NC

Username hidden
(21 posts)
Fundamental,

A delight to see you post! I hope that your shoulder heals up. What is frozen shoulder?

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... More 
Start   201 to 210 of 793   End
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest