Fitness Bitchfest : Swingers Discussion 79658102
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFitness Bitchfest
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   2 to 11 of 829   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Damn it. Didn't sleep well last night (and the boyfriend spent the night, wanted to snuggle this morning) so didn't go workout in the morning. Figured I'd go after work. But then the load was too much to get out on time and couldn't make the 6p class. Damn it. I really want to get started on my squats (it's been >3 months). And I liked the metcon (two short 12-9-6 rep scheme couplets).

No excuses tomorrow.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
I wear a compression sleeve over that arm when I work out and and forearm band. Honestly I think it is sitting a computer mousing all day that is messing it up. I'm convinced some people just aren't made for a desk job. I have a pull up bar in my office just to do something during the day.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
re: Recovery

I am an on-again off-again baseball pitcher. I've currently been "out" for two years and desperately want back in. I resumed pitching again last time when I was 33 and pitched for 5 years. My ability to endure has not diminished - rather it has gotten better as I got older. But I think this is mostly due to improvements in mechanics - I am not the 19 year old who could just rear back and arm-fire it in anymore. So in order to keep my fastball in the low 80s I needed to be "perfect" in my mechanics, and as such, the strain on my poor aging body is minimized. I threw a 10-inning game a couple of years ago with no pain to speak of.

However, what I absolutely cannot do is throw 2 days in a row, and the warmup time is much longer than it used to be. What I find best is - if I expect to be pitching at 9 AM - do arm day and wrap up the workout at 7:30. Shower, dress, grab breakfast on the way - I arrive "hot" and pretty much ready. My arm day workout warmed me up just fine. 10 warmup throws and I'm ready.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19799 posts)
Tendonitis in my right elbow shutting me down for arm work. Feels like someone is shoving a red hot spike in my elbow every time I lift something.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
BTL speaks true wisdom. Once I went over 50 (hell 40's actually) I found that recovery was just taking a bit longer than I had anticipated. but it was mostly due to trying to do too much too soon and I ended up injuring myself. So now it's very slow and deliberate whenever I injure anything and fortunately, it's been working really well. If you truly listen to your body, you'll be back to fighting form in no time.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(828 posts)
TPG: The absolute worse thing you can do is go back to a regular routine too early after a procedure. It usually requires you to be away even longer, not to mention the possibility of causing additional side effects. I haven't checked in here in a while so I don't recall what you had done. Take care of yourself -- listen to your body. Just look at Tiger Woods. He's back too soon after that back operation and now he's had to pull out of yet another tournament. Not to diminish your quality of care but you know he has all kinds of doctors and rehab services at his disposal. Just saying.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3303 posts)
ugh. I'm in a not pretty loop...I need to step up workouts. Scared to step them up because of internal healing. Example, did a jade split on the pole, now my right side has been sore for 5 days. Internally sore. MMH worked on it today, but its still sore.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
smooth: lol @ katy perry listening.

i listen to her too--i just don't clog up the gym on mondays.

;)

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2399 posts)
Yeah, I wish it were some fitness app NJ. It just pisses me off because it's already so damn crowded in there on Mondays anyway, then you're having to watch out for little ditz's hopping around in there like they're still in high school, texting back and forth. Then she has to go show the other one something some guy sent her...

It's just stupid bullshit. I wish they'd take their cute little Katy Perry listening asses back to L.A. Fitness.

Port Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5236 posts)
Amen Shesmooth. That always seems odd to me. Quick way to lose a phone.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(828 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   2 to 11 of 829   End
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest