Fitness Bitchfest : Swingers Discussion 7965810131
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFitness Bitchfest
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 793   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm not certain if the post below was meant for me. But if it was, I have never used the bathroom as anything meaningful and have advised my clients to not either.

Though I stopped training people a while back, I'm very aware of what it means to fall into a routine rot. I change my routines literally every two weeks, and workout at the minimum five days a week; about 4 hours of cardio a week and around 4-5 hours of lifting a week :).

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Go for what you are comfortable with doing (but when doing it works you to the point of uncomfortable - as in challenges you just beyond what you think you can do). And what you enjoy doing (so that you keep on doing it).

Find something where you can measure progress based on fitness goals (NOT the bathroom scale). Don't get stuck in a rut of doing the same thing over and over again.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
I didn't sign up at the gym, as a person for whom fitness and health is paramount, I understand the importance of signing up with experts in the field and checking the information on the business and their trainers.

Maybe I panicked, I don't know. It was so frigging traumatizing!

The trainer is actually CF trainer that was hired by the gym (they stole him from a CF place in the next township). The guy is a reservist, used to live in Ft.Monmouth, but moved since they began shutting the place down. He moved closer to the gym and was offered a position there for a significantly higher pay. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

I might at some point return to it, for now, no.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Good point SVC - forgot to mention that is not a circuit jump but a one-rep or max type jump.

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
42" is not a regular circuit jump height at all! That is something you might do as a 1 rep max, and never tired. Jeesh.

How experienced was this trainer? I'd question their judgement/certification. On the other hand, even very skilled & well trained CF athletes mess up on 1 RM attempts.

But that is not a normal height for a woman (even games athletes). Rx box jumps on a circuit would be 20-24" for women, 24-30" for men.

If your exposure to CF is a "corner" in a regular gym, I'd highly recommend finding a real affiliate box and talk to those trainers/coaches/members.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Mr.Fundamentall,

I understand, and I indeed signed up for CF, I pulled my back almost immediately. I had full plans of returning to CF, but not after what I witnessed today. Some of the stuff that they do is just not okay by me.

And you are absolutely correct about Martial Arts, we (hubby and I) trained Kung Fu for a while, and they do teach you to fall correctly.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Sed - That's not good. I'd say they were not coaching her properly, but I was not there.

I missed my first attempt at 42" box jump. I skinned the heck out of my shins (the risk I choose to take to get the PR). But I was cautioned and only after I was able to perform the 38" jump a number of times was I allowed to try the 42"

I don't recall any "fall" training, good question I'll ask tomorrow. I know box jumps are the only thing I've had "falling" issues with in CF. In over a year our box has only had three notable injuries - two were ego driven(one of the owners and another member, both VERY experienced and seasoned Crossfit athletes) and one was an aggravation of an old injury.

Oh, and the dang last step on my basement stairs! LOL I went down like a ton of bricks!

Jacksonville FL

Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Sed...

Unfortunately, athletic events carry risk. Real risk. Goes for crossfit and for 'regular' gym. I have seen people drop 40 pound dumbbells onto feet. 225 lbs onto their chests. Shouldn't happen, but does.

One of the first things one learns in martial arts training is how to fall, how to take a punch etc. Building those reflexes are essential for safety.

Since I have never done Crossfit generally (or box jumping in particular), is there ordinarily training in how to 'fail safely' at whatever maneuver is being attempted?

Hope the woman does okay.

Thanks...

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(436 posts)
Today I witnessed a horrible accident at the Crossfit station (room). I walked in to speak to one of the instructors, and waited for him to finish with 3 people, that were doing circuit training. They were doing box jumps (42"). I watched, as one woman jumped, missed, hit her chin, and literally broke her jaw. I was horrified, ran out and got the front desk to get help.

I've seen lots of accidents in the gym during training, but this topped it for me. I thought that even though I pulled my back the last time I tried getting involved in CF, I'd still return. Not happening after this.

Gym for me, normal training.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Double WODs easy when you take an hour in between, they work different muscle groups/different modalities. And they were both relatively short.

Today, this sucked eggs. Gonna have words with the trainer who came up with it (cause afterwards I figured out a much better way to celebrate the owner's birthday).

Joe's BD WOD 2 Deadlifts (175 lb) 1 Power Clean (85 lb) 1 Push Jerk (85 lb) 9 Double Unders 7 Fronts Squats (85 lb) - this is the part that killed most all of us this morning, guys were doing 95 lb, afterwards Mikey changed the girls Rx weight to 75 lb. 7 Box Jumps (20") 21:54 Suppose to be all 1 bar but Mikey (6a trainer) didn't get the memo. When Joe arrived he was perplexed at the double unders. He said Kettlebells would have been more "him". I'm just glad they didn't include Snatch. (Joe has been concentrating on Olifting a lot lately, so that would have fit, but sucked even more).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 793   End
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest