Fitness Bitchfest : Swingers Discussion 796581051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFitness Bitchfest
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 824   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Nice! Clean eating and working out properly is how you achieve your fitness goals.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16528 posts)
I think one might say I am a fitness junkie, and I love it. As a npc national masters champion 2012, my weigh in weight was 190 and my body fat ratio was 3.7%. Six days a week in the gym and yes, some part of my body was sore. Just the nature of the breast. There is a difference between being sore and having injured yourself. Pain and suffering is my mantra!

Somerset KY
Username hidden
(4 posts)
WhenI do a leg workout, which is typically once a week, I start out with about 50 squats withonly body weight, justto warm up the knees and hips. I then do 10 reps with 200, 10 with250, 10 with 300, 10 with 350, 10 with 390, 10 with 440, and 10 with 480. IfI'm feeling really good, I will do ten with 530. If not, I stop at 480. My best one rep squat is 600, but I don't really have an ideal squatter's physique. At 6'2 210#, I'm ratherlong and lean,instead of short and compact, which is muchmore suited to squatting heavy weights!I then do 10 repseach sideone legged leg presses on a machine, 320 right leg and 350 left leg. Then leg curl and extensions, 10 each. By the time I'm through, my leg muscles feel pretty much like jello! I do my squats raw, without knee braces or a weight belt. I don't believe in weight belts, or knee braces, because they provide artificial support for your muscles you don't have when doing real world lifts outside the weight room. Ialwaysuse a squat rack for safety, justin caseIget in the down postion and can't get backup, since alwaysI work out alone without aspotter. I only rest long enough between sets to change the weights on the bar. I increase 50 lbsa set (a 25# weightper side)until I run out of 25# weights, and then I increase 40 lbs per side by taking a 25# off and adding a 45# per side. It's a tough leg workout, but it's very effective!

Hudson OH
Username hidden
(89 posts)
I'm in reasonably good shape but i missed 3 weeks due to a 17 day trip away and a few days of overwork and not being motivated enough to get back in. Before I left I was squatting 300 lb for 5 sets of 5. After missing 3 weeks, I was strong enough to still do it, but it would have been crazy to do it. I did my first leg day workout with just 135, and I am sore. After maybe 3 more workouts I will be back, but I must ease back in, especially abs and glutes.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19546 posts)
weighing in (ha! pun intended) again.

it is entirely possible to be a fitness junkie, and still wind up being overly sore to the point of pain for a week, if one trains with the wrong trainer.

it is okay to be a little bit sore...and that's what good trainers aim for. to make it hurt just good enough that you remember the workout in a *good* way and come back for more.

people can be extremely fit yet try a different tweak on a particular muscle group or! change up how they do something and wind up more sore than you'd imagine.

example. I am really fit! have awesomely strong legs. (i press 115 lbs easily and in squat, and plié positions). i "free squat" (standing) easily. i completed a 10,000 squats challenge a few weeks ago and am running thru it a second time now. the end of the challenge has one perform one set of 200 squats.

now, there were days I did 4 or 5 sets of 50 or 75 squats. but they were broken in to 50 or 75 reps. the day i did 200 in one go?

OW.

because it was a unique challenge to undeniably conditioned, strong muscles.

then again, the soreness wasn't debilitating, and faded within 24-36 hrs.

ymmv, jmo.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2051 posts)
you are correct VA, he didn't last long at the gym because nobody wanted to go back to him.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Well at the time of this session with the personal trainer I was going to the gym 5 times a week and pole dancing for hours at home. Not to mention doing 2 very physical jobs. So while I wasn't in body building shape, I wasn't a couch potato either. I have done sessions with other personal trainers including one 2 weeks after this with a different trainer and never had this problem before or with the next trainer.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
What it means is that you pushed yourself way beyond what you were prepared for, whether that be due to being out of shape or simply going way too hard.

A trainer who pushes you to the point where you are sore for a week is one who you're probably not going to come back to. People who are out of shape need to come up to speed gradually, not have their ass kicked to the point of pain and humiliation. Any trainer who doesn't get that deserves to lose your business.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19546 posts)
Spot on Quip. Exercise and weight management is pretty much precise science. If you are sore for a week, chances are fairly certain that you don't work out enough...or as frequently as you should. Many people in exceptional shape are often known as soreness junkies. Because the more they workout, -the more that they push themselves. The less they feel sore.

Being sore for a week is an indication that one is not fit and/or they don't workout hard and frequently enough.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16528 posts)
Quip, I understand soreness being a good thing. I love "feeling" my workout working. This was way beyond.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 824   End
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest