Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › Fitness Bitchfest
TOPIC: Fitness_Bitchfest
Created by: hedonist2001 The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 95  Next »
1 to 10 of 948
User Details are only visible to members.
i was expecting you'd have a reaction to the bit about vaccines....but they blocked you? interesting.

a good chiro and/or good acupuncturist are worth their weight in gold.

not necessarily correlated with anti-vax views, but that's way off topic.

on-T: no fitness BOTD today...but i haven't been to the gym yet.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(10236 posts)
Someone's going to have to pass this on to RonKathy, as they blocked me.

Why are you trying to have a discussion with someone that you blocked?

And, thanks - but I'm not totally shocked that someone who believes in acupuncture would also take an anti-vaccine stance. Enjoy your kale smoothy and trying to cure cancer with coconut oil and turmeric.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24781 posts)
just one thing that has helped US and OUR aching joints including popping etc.. we finally found a hands on Chiro who has 2 deep tissue massage therapists on staff, then the Dr comes in and works on us with different machines including a large massager and one is almost like an acupuncture for the back area.. after an hour we feel great we use him about 2 times a month and neither one of us have any issues with joints and muscles issues anymore.. we swear by him .. Before I had to ice my leg for an hour after workouts...he also does not do ANY x-rays prior but another new way to check your body alignment with stance machines, a back vertebra and stretching stances along with measurements it takes about 1.5 hrs to have him do your entire body.. He is really up to date on nutrition, vaccaines ( did anyone know there is a Federal Vaccine Court go read the law suits and settlements will make you sick) and all sorts of medical issues with the facts to back them up. .. He is a rare find as the ones we had prior were not even close to him and his staff.

Woodstock GA
Username hidden
(1108 posts)
I normally throw light for around 20 minutes before a game, with around 20 "hard" warmup pitches, so if issues exist they typically show up in this time.

However, I am not the scheduled starting pitcher this Saturday. I will likely play left or center field. So my arm will still get a little action but not be asked to throw a whole game.

Of course, there is a decent likelihood I'll be the relief pitcher.

I'm personally not buying into the concept of something as dramatic as a frozen shoulder, as I did not have all of the painful problems associated with that. Frozen shoulder resolution also occurs over a matter of months, not hours. Adhesions (i.e. scar tissue) breaking up, however, is along the lines of what I initially pondered and I'm still thinking (or perhaps just hoping) that this is the case.

Scar tissue buildup is common in the arms of pitchers. I've been throwing 15-30 games a year for most of the last 13 years so it's not like a major league workload, but....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24781 posts)
VA: can you do an hour of throwing before actual game day, to see how the arm and shoulder feel? might be a good idea to have that test run, just to get a sense of whether this will have any impact.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(10236 posts)
Usual disclaimer: this is general commentary. Rely on your personal physician or provider for evaluation and diagnosis.

What you describe with the "popping noises" and increased range of motion indeed sounds like resolution of adhesive capsulitis (aka 'frozen shoulder') which is common among athletes at a younger age and among non athletes esp men in their fifties. That being your "pitching arm", it's likely that you did indeed have some component of adhesions. Provided there is no pain, it's less likely that you have torn something you are not supposed to (e.g. rotator cuff muscles and their attachments).

Age and use changes the dynamics of connective tissue. It becomes more brittle and easier to tear. At the same time arthritic changes can create hard tissue where it is not supposed to be. Be alert for changes in range of motion, strength and especially neurologic symptoms (pins and needles, loss of sensation, asymmetric weakness). Otherwise, all the data suggest maintaining exercise habits including strength and range of motion and cardio contributes to longevity and overall health.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(470 posts)
While riding in the car on Sunday my left shoulder (my pitching arm) began making some popping and crunching noises, accompanied by tingling, that I had never experienced before. It was a strange feeling. It wasn't painful at all - if anything it felt more like my arm was now less constrained - like the plastic wrap had been removed.

I was very cautious going into my workout this morning. It was a little stiff at first but was then fine, if not better than ever.

So wtf happened? Was this scar tissue breaking up? My left arm's range of motion is now close to that of my right, which it hasn't been in many years.

I'm not sure if this is a bitchfest or not. It might be a good thing. Time will tell, I guess, especially when I hit the ball field on Saturday.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24781 posts)
FBOTD: i had a damguĆ¼dgroove goin on the stairmill and then...foogin asthma.

blargh.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(10236 posts)
sorry smooth. :-/

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(10236 posts)
It seems half the women at the gym get pissed if you act like you notice them. The other half are pissed if you don't.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(7565 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 95  Next »
1 to 10 of 948
TOPIC: Fitness Bitchfest
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.