Fear of gaining weight : Swingers Discussion 91673
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessFear of gaining weight
TOPIC: Fear of gaining weight
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
This is aimed more towards ladys who have lost large amounts of weight. Do you have a fear of re-gaining weight? Its constantly on my mind to the point where I will limit calories to 7-800 per day (if I don't eat I know I haven't over eaten). I recently lost more weight by cutting down on extras I had been allowing myself like coffee with cream, avocados, things like that; initially I was ecstatic with my weight loss and body; followed not long after with an intense fear of gaining the weight back. If I eat anything its followed by fear that what if this puts weight back on. Am I the only one that has this issue lol...I've talked to other women that have lost and I think the fear of regaining is real but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if men have this problem as well. Thanks in advance, Shell

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
Nooo fast food!! :-)

if u have to eat "fast food" try subway or someplace like that.

congrats on the weight loss, keep up the good work!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I lost about 50 lbs over the course of a year and have been around my current weight for about 5 months. Yes, not only am I afraid of gaining back the weight, or at least some of it - but I do if I don't watch what I eat and exercise. A few months ago when it got cold I stopped exercising and started eating more fast food and gained about 10 lbs back. Now I'm struggling to lose that again. So yes, its a fear but its justified. You can't just go on a temporary diet to lose weight, you have to eat healthy and exercise to maintain good health as well as a good weight.

Gold Beach OR
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Hello awake! Yes, I'm really focusing now on trying to eat healthy. I am eating more food, I'm not sure about calories; I just try to eat more bang for my buck so to speak. I'm feeling great though. I'm working out as much as I can and really going more into maintenence mode vs. losing. I'm feeling really good though, glad that Jan. is almost here! Shell

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Shell (I think I've seen you around a lot on swingersboard, lol. Hi!)

You HAVE TO EAT. 7-800 calories a day is NOT in any way healthy at all. Doing this has plenty of horrible side effects - I really can not stress this enough. Once you start eating normally, you will start to feel them, but you really do need to eat.

Ladies (and gents!), starving yourself is NOT good weight loss/control. Exercise is the only way to really keep yourself looking good. Starving is sososoososososoosososososo bad for you, I don't know where to start.

I understand that after losing so much weight the thought of gaining it all back again is in the back of your mind, but the only way for you to get over it and move on is to be proactive about it. Right now you're scared you'll gain it back how? By crashing one day and starting to indulge again. You know what? It'll happen. It happens to everyone. Sometimes we just need a little something extra. The only way to clear your mind and feel "safe" is to take control of the situation. Exercising is the only way to do so. It is YOUR body. YOU move it/control it/make it work. YOU are the only person who can exercise it, so get on with your sexy self! Don't let all that hard work go to waste! =P

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
I think it's a fairly normal fear! I lost around 85 lbs. in the last 2 years. I can completely remember the obsession that came around the 50 lb. mark. Every time I put food in my mouth or "fell off the wagon" I would be a mess worrying about the weight coming right back on. I can very clearly see where eating disorders can quickly take over someone!! I will say that I definitely obsessed more when I was eating something I knew I shouldn't have been or not excercising as much as I should have been. I learned that if I stuck to a good diet and my regular excercise routine then those fears subsided!! Funny how that works, right?? :) ~Julie

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(70 posts)
fear of re gaining weight is as natural as the fear of not losing weight at the beginiing of your process. honestly though, limiting your calorie intake soo much will just shut down the bodies metabolism process and make the body store all the calories you eat as fat... again concentrate on eating six small meals a day and allow yourself to cheat once a week and u will be fine.

good luck

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
This is aimed more towards ladys who have lost large amounts of weight. Do you have a fear of re-gaining weight? Its constantly on my mind to the point where I will limit calories to 7-800 per day (if I don't eat I know I haven't over eaten). I recently lost more weight by cutting down on extras I had been allowing myself like coffee with cream, avocados, things like that; initially I was ecstatic with my weight loss and body; followed not long after with an intense fear of gaining the weight back. If I eat anything its followed by fear that what if this puts weight back on. Am I the only one that has this issue lol...I've talked to other women that have lost and I think the fear of regaining is real but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if men have this problem as well. Thanks in advance, Shell

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Fear of gaining weight