Exercise Bike Recommendations : Swingers Discussion 2085361011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessExercise Bike Recommendations
TOPIC: Exercise Bike Recommendations
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
VA, does your wife feel the same?

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8829 posts)
"exercise goal of slimming down my lower body."

Wish we could SPOT reduce. Would love to have lost my fat in my lower body (and kept my boobs), but alas, we lose fat where our genetics dictates.

And serious bike riding will build leg muscles. So you might end up with bigger quads even as you lose body fat (where ever your genes want).

If it's a good cardio (i.e. elevate your heart rate) then a bike is better than eliptical (at least it is for me).

Agree with the suggestion to go to a sporting goods store to try out various models. Then do some quality control (reviews) research online. When you have a few models you like, look at Craigs list and backpage for used (way cheaper than new).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
We swear by our Brooks saddles.

They look like the most uncomfortable things on the planet. They are expensive. They are awesome. I could ride forever on it with no sore ass.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
VA, for outside I have an old Raleigh 10-speed road bike with tires that handle both pavement and gravel well.

KD, you are so right! If the saddle isn't comfy it's not gonna get used. That's part of the problem with our old Airdyne bike, and changing the seats didn't help.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8829 posts)
Scandle,

What kind of bike do you normally ride outside? Comfort, mountain, road, etc?

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
Thanks for the idea, VA. That would work if I didn't have to take the bike over an expanse of white or beige carpeting to get it to my exercise area, and I'm too lazy to want to carry it back and forth, up and down steps. When conditions are right to ride outside, I just want to GO!

I'm still trying to decide whether to go for recumbent or upright to try to meet my exercise goal of slimming down my lower body. Arthritis in my knee dictates that I use a bike.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8829 posts)
Mrs. Scandle,

Have you considered getting a Mag Trainer, allowing you to quickly turn your existing road bike into a stationary?

We have one, although I mostly use it for maintenance purposes.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
Recumbent bikes are for folks with seat issues, back issues. You have to work harder to get the same workout effects you get from upright or road bikes.

IMHO.

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
I found a recumbent bike for sale on Craigslist, a Vision Fitness R2000 Exercise Bike. The electronic manual was created in 2004, so I'm assuming this is an older bike, though the owner says it was only used 3 times. Now I have been looking for reviews and have been unable to find any online. The company doesn't even carry this model any longer, so I'm concerned that it may be a lemon. I haven't purchased the bike yet and won't even get to see it, if it is still available, until early October.

What do you more committed fitness experts recommend I do?

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8829 posts)
If using a bike, upright. Mix up sitting and standing. Probably get a used spin bike for cheap. If you want to make your ass muscle more rounded? Squats!!!! Stronger thighs? Stair stepping, squats, box jumps, rowing.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
TOPIC: Exercise Bike Recommendations