Education or lack of it as an excuse for why some don't workout : Swingers Discussion 117636
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessEducation or lack of it as an excuse for why some don't workout
TOPIC: Education or lack of it as an excuse for why some don't workout
Created by: Seduction4Two The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
"As I read such information I wonder why is it that people seem to be alright with placing themselves at higher risk literally on purpose."

lol You've answered your own question in the first part of the OP. I believe completely that people have the education about why they should work out. The fitness industry is huge. Information constantly bombards at every turn. One can't possibly claim that they know nothing about how to stay healthy and how to exercise in some form. Simply, they don't have the drive. If it was an easy thing to do, there wouldn't be so many over weight people in our country. We live in excess. We're used to instant gratification. Few have a driven desire to withhold the instant gratification and reach for a healthier lifestyle. Until the idea of, or pay out from, either over eating and/or eating unhealthy and/or being physically unfit becomes more painful (physically and/or mentally) to them than being healthy and fit, they will continue down their current path in life.

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
"People who believe walking to lunch up hill is exercise will never get the theory of driven motivation. "

Why isn't that part of driven motivation? Doesn't every step count? I've read countless pieces of advice that include things like parking as far from the door to the store as you can.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
The old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink holds true no matter what the horse weighs.........

Peace.

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
Just as in school, you cannot educate someone who is not seeking to learn. And with some, the more people try to push it, the more reluctant the other person becomes.

The "ignorance is bliss" theme applies here. Whenever the person is truly ready, when it is her/his own idea for seeking new knowledge, then that person is open to any new learning. Until then, knowledge will continue to fall on deaf ears. And that applies to any type of knowledge.

A lifelong learner AND a teacher, Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Education or lack of it as an excuse for why some don't workout