Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness ETA: Man 20 and Intermittent Fasting
TOPIC: ETA: Man 20 and Intermittent Fasting
Created by: CuriosityKilt
Original Starting post for this thread:
Greetings,

Longtime reader of the forum, occasional poster. I figured I would kick off a new fitness thread to liven up the conversation some.

Has anyone read/followed the Engineering The Alpha: Man 2.0 program? It is a recent NYT best seller by popular fitness promoters John Romeniello and Adam Bornstein. The title is terrible and the "hero's journey" approach is a little off kilter for a fitness book but their program is excellent IMHO.

That being said, it is not a beginner's program. I consider myself intermediate and it is a challenging program. It consists for four phases, each being 4 weeks. So 16 weeks in all. While the diet is the hardest in the first four weeks (low carb) it also includes intermittent fasting (IF). In phase 2 the workouts take a step up while the diet eases. There is a lot that can be discussed around this program but lets start with the IF. What are people's thoughts on it?

Personally, I would normally find IF to be extreme and a little towards the "fad" diet thing which would turn me off. Upon hearing about it, it happened to align with some reading I had done about starvation diets and life extension. Quick summary: If you live in a place like Cuba, your life expectancy is great because of a caloric restricted diet. Not a life I am going to volunteer to live but interesting science. IF seems to play towards this without the whole starvation thing.

Long story short, I gave it a try. It was hard the first two weeks (also happened to align with the low-carb phase which was even harder). But it has really worked! My appetite is much smaller and I have seen pretty good body re-composition while doing it. This flies in the face of a lot of modern advice about breakfast being the most important meal of the day, yadda yadda. So I'm interested in other people's input.

--B

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 29   End
User Details are only visible to members.
@BLT2. Damn girl surely at this point you have realized that I am so easy you no girl has to hold me down. I know you've heard the saying you can't rape a willing soul lol

Charlie

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(820 posts)
@Cougar: I would like to think I can hold you down....LOL...in a very good way.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5735 posts)
Dammit I misspelled physique. When ii'm typing I am always thinking of the next word instead of the word I'm on lol Charlie

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(820 posts)
@BLT2 . I forgot to mention you said something about a tummy tuck I for one hope you never do. From the pics I've seen whether the are current or days gone by you know what to do. What a beautiful physic . You remind me of the verse in the Eagels song Witchy woman. She can lock you in her legs until your skin turns red. I am a big muscular guy but I bet in a wrestling match between the sheets you could hold your own lol

Charlie

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(820 posts)
@BLT2 . Thanks babe I will check it out

Charlie

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(820 posts)
@Mr. Dual I don't know what IF is but if it works take no prisoners

Charlie

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(820 posts)
@Cougar: I checked out my BB buddy, Joe Palumbo's, website Infinite Labs. I think you might find it interesting. Joe (IFBB Pro) has been around for a while and he looks terrific. I caught up with him recently at the Nationals in Miami. I plan to visit the site again soon. If you check it out, tell me what you think.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5735 posts)
@Cougar: All the additives in the food that we cannot pronounce is causing the obesity "worldwide." Bread, is a huge culprit and who doesn't like bread! In all honesty, we are not active enough to work off all the shit we eat. Unless you have great genetics and/or high metabolism, you really have to eat almost nothing. Carbs are wonderful because they give you that euphoric feeling but you can't work the shit off...LOL. Add booze, beer and wine to the equation. You'd need to live on an elliptical machine....LOL...it's funny. I just want to get on the operating table and let Dr. Orden work his magic on my lower abs but I am too much of a pussy to endure the pain physically and financially. I will just have to make do.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5735 posts)
Should say fast

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(820 posts)
@ OP. I'll start with a little religion. Jesus said when you fastened if there were any bad effects to the body he would know. Now science it's a known fact that when insulin levels are low HGH raises and that in simple terms is the youthful hormone. So yes it is beneficial unless you are a pro bodybuilder that's a whole different world they have to worry about the catabolic effect of not having the macronutrients in their system. For the recreational lifter not so much HGH does amazing things in healing the body. For the pro they already have high levels because lifting heavy and hard will also raise their levels and to most of them are juicing anyway. I look at the way cro-magnum ate as much as 90 percent of their diet consisted of fat and protein but they were gathers also so they had some carbs but they weren't full of grains they ate nuts,berries,bark fruit leafy green and such. Fat Ass Americans would do well to learn from them

Charlie

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(820 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 29   End
TOPIC: ETA: Man 20 and Intermittent Fasting