Does anyone have an exercise program that does not consume your life : Swingers Discussion 57409
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessDoes anyone have an exercise program that does not consume your life
TOPIC: Does anyone have an exercise program that does not consume your life
Created by: hedonist2001 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hi ... i noticed the posts here. If anyone is interested you may want to check out the handbook called "Don't Diet, the handbook on Kicking The Aging Habit".

It's a funny quick read. It has a guide and outline on exercise that really works for getting in shape, and the same for how to eat to not get weak or shaky during the day. You can get the paperback, or download the PDF for $3.83 i think. Go to LULU dot com, and the book ID is 244746.

Cheers, S.

Austin TX
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Cardio and weights 5 days a week, also limited calorie intake. Tough, I love beer

Painesville OH
Username hidden
(157 posts)
I had gained 25 needless pounds and just started eating half my lunch and taking the rest home for supper. Quit eating smacks throughout the day and lost it with liitle inconvenience. I adjusted my eating habits.

Batesville MS
Username hidden
(27 posts)
ooops. That's Eddie Baran. Not Gary.

Romoland CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
Check out Matt Furey's website and Gary Baran's website. Both of these guys pay attention to WOMEN's bodies and needs. We are different physically than men and with having children and perimenopause, not to mention actual menopause, there are many things that women have to consider. They recommend short but intense workouts that work the entire female form. These are exercises that work the muscles you need to use each and every day. Makes more sense than focusing on one muscle at a time. This can work easily into your life as you don't have to do hours of workouts. I do it all too, hubby, work, school, kids. business, lifestyle and I workout. I have done many things but this is something you can do over the long term and keep going. I recommend it highly. When you are in the swing of it then you can always add other things if you like but don't have to. You just raise the intensity. You can subscribe to online newsletters and get the books too.

Romoland CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
I'll give you the standard blurb I give all my patients, which is based partially on my reading of the scientific literature and partially on my own experience:

First, you have to decide what your goals are. The amount of exercise you need to improve your health indicators is substantially less than what you will need to get significant cosmetic benefits. If looking better is a major goal for you, keep in mind that it will take longer and require more work, so don't get discouraged. Start by trying to get into an exercise routine that will at least get you the health benefits, and then once you have that down add on to it in increments in order to get the cosmetic changes you want. Once again, don't get discouraged if the aesthetic improvements come slowly, since you will still be improving your health significantly.

Second, you have to decide what it is that's mainly holding you back. If it's largely a question of time, you will want to start working towards more intense exercise. More intense exercise will both save you time and (all other things being equal) have a greater effect (ie running 5 miles will be more effective than walking 5 miles, as well as taking much less time).

On the other hand, if motivation (or laziness, as you put it) is more the problem, then you probably are going to have problems getting yourself to exercise intensely. My own opinion is that intense exercise is an acquired taste that you need to be doing for awhile before you actually start to enjoy it and it becomes self-reinforcing. However, there isn't a lot of scientific evidence to support this position, so it may just be my own personal bias. What does seem to be true is that a great many people who are just starting out have a hard time starting and maintaining a really rigorous structured exercise routine.

If you find yourself in that category, you want to think about starting off by just incorporating more activity into your everyday life, such as taking the stairs whenever possible, walking for transportation, etc. Also, see if you can find physical activities you enjoy, such as vigorous dancing, bicycle riding with your children, etc. And yes, in my experience, sex can in some cases qualify as meaningful exercise, although much more so for men than for women.

You probably aren't going to see a lot of cosmetic benefits by incorporating these sorts of activities into your life, but you may find that by getting started with them you will find it easier to move into a more rigorous exercise routine later on. And even if you don't ever get to that point, you will still be getting significant health benefits by adopting them, which in my opinion (both professional and personal) is something quite important.

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(29 posts)
hi there....>) My 2 cents on this....A couple years ago I decided to work on this, didn't wanna get too far behime..>). I startted by just getting myself in the habit of getting up 1/2 hour early every morning, at first just having breakfast at home and reading the news. After I got that habit locked in (a couple months).I got up and used that half hr to exercise and trained that habit into the 1/2 hr ( a few more months). The hard part is developing the habit so my take is to break it down to managable pieces. After a couple years now im upto an hr each workday and very rarely miss a day. That is one important last note, do your best to not skip, it will kill a habit fast. If you find you have to skip too often back off of your commitment until your are in a solid place with it before adding. Hope this helps I

Hillsboro OR
Username hidden
(33 posts)
I have tried just about everything. I was an avid gym rat - every night -working a different body part with weights, on the treadmill, on the stepper, and ski machine, taking cycle class, and kick boxing. I was literally living at the gym!

But then I went back to college 3/4 time on top of working full-time, raising two daughters, etc. So, this is what I've found to work best - because I am like you - I will make excuses not to have the time. I wake up 45 minutes earlier than I need to get ready for work - and I walk extremely fast for 3 miles. Then I shower and get ready for work as usual. Not only does it help to know that you've already gotten your day off to a great start - the walk first thing keeps your metabolism up all day. In addition, exercising first thing sets the tone for the day and keeps you in a better frame of mind - which you need when you work full-time, have kids, go to college, etc.

Then in addition to my walking - I do yoga or Pilates 3 times a week in the evening (on the nights I'm not in class and the weekend) to strengthen and keep me extremely flexible!

Good luck. We're all there with you in spirit.

West Springfield PA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Getting (and staying) in shape is a lifestyle. Combination of good, intense workout (weights 3-4 days/ week, jogging on alternate days), good eating habits (notice I did not say diet), and staying active. Since I spend alot of time traveling, I, too, am currently struggling to return to some kind of physical grandeur. Intense workout for 1-1/2 hours, foods low in sugar & salt (retains water), keep drinking to minimum (lowers metabolism), take multi-mineral/multi-vitamin, and dry my best to eat a lite meal no later than 3 hours before going to bed. If you can get in 15 - 30 mins of cardio before breakfast (which you should ALWAYS EAT), all the better.

North Wales PA
Username hidden
(9 posts)
exercise is a journey, not a destination. for as long as you are breathing, walking and want a quality of life that is above the average, exercise programs vary according to what you want. weight lift to maintain bone and muscle strength. walk, jog, run, and other cardio equipments are best for enhancing cardio-vascular conditioning. combine any mentioned here, three to four times a week, 1/2hr to 45 minutes per day and you'll get the bennies you want, but be patient, it all takes time. oh, and don't ferget to stretch AFTER working out. good luck!

Hunt Valley MD
Username hidden
(7 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
TOPIC: Does anyone have an exercise program that does not consume your life