Diet schmiet - HELP!! : Swingers Discussion 58767101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessDiet schmiet - HELP!!
TOPIC: Diet schmiet - HELP!!
Created by: dscouple2 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
I can only wish I was as over-weight as Annie. Just goes to show, it's all how you look at it.

Spring City PA
Username hidden
(38 posts)
go a head and eat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,u still skinny

Hillsboro OR
Username hidden
(33 posts)
By the way you look I don't think you need to lose a pound. but if you are really looking for help it is easy. Cut out all unnatural sugar. If it comes in a box or can with sugar then stay away from it. I am a fitness and health nut. A diet is not hard. Eating all day long is a good thing because you keep burning it off. If you just eat the right foods then you will be fine. Sugar in sweets like cookies and such will make you hungry. Eat fruits and frozen vegetables. I make all my food at one time and freeze it. I make enough for 2 weeks at a time and it only takes about an hour.

Wilkesboro NC
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Annie, you look fine. However, if you want to drop weight you need to determine your BMR... or basal metabolic rate. There are several formulas for it. But the easiest thing to do is join a free website where they have a basal metabolic calculator built in.

The formula is to run a 500 calorie deficit each day. Crash diets don't work because the send the body into shock. Ideally, 250 come from dieting and 250 come from exercise.

If you wanna burn fat, you'll exercise because it stimulates proper hormone production which will help you shed the weight. Also, as said earlier on here it's a great stress reducer.

Just for reference, I'm a former certified personal trainer, so this info isn't just off the cuff but based on scientific data and commonly accepted knowledge. I'm currently training my woman and a few friends. It's hard to lose but keep at it, and don't punish yourself for minor set backs.

All the best, Tom

Chesterbrook PA
Username hidden
(13 posts)
Hey Annie, Ya you need to work out, if not for weight loss, but for a stress release. I am a jump rope fanatic. It is cheap and can go anywhere. find a great song, I like bat out of hell by meat loaf, and jump with the song. sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Jump rope is a fantastic fat burning excerise. I use it to loss the last pound or two before weigh in at competition. Have fun with it, as you get comfortable add some tricks to your routine to make it more exciting. Good luck with those last few pounds, but by your pic doesn't really look like you need to lose 15 of them. Your friend, ???can't remember my name here. better check on that.

Grand Bend Canada
Username hidden
(2 posts)
There are ways throughout the day you can get some excercise in without changing your routine too much...take the stairs instead of the elevator, when you are running errands, park farther away, look for little exercises that you can do at your desk!

As far as eating on the run....the protein bars are a good thing...there's also some nonfat yogurt smoothies that are only 70 calories that are REALLY good (I think they are by Dannon...I recommend the Peach Passionfruit & the Mixed Berry)

Something else that may help you shed the pounds is write down the time you eat, what you ate, how you felt before & after you ate (Starving, Hungry, Not Hungry, Just Satisfied, Stuffed) who you were with when you ate & emotionally how you were feeling ( Yeah Yeah I know...silly psychobabble stuff) You can even write down anything you did that day (Housework counts as exercise!!)

I just finished the first phase of a weight loss program that employs everything above and I lost 30 lbs in 13 weeks....there were no drugs or supplements used...I just watched what I ate, stopped eating when I was just satisfied and actually got up and started moving more. There was no real diet to follow...we just had to think before we ate! It was a great program and now I'm moving into my follow up care....and I start belly dancing lessons today....heck of a lot more fun than an infernal treadmill!!!

Good luck to you!

Kari

Bessemer City NC
Username hidden
(105 posts)
Bad Annie,

Flirty brings up a good point, those protein bars can be a great way to eat and run... literally!

I don't know if you have a Trader Joe's in your area or not, but if so, look for something called "Organic Food Bar" (yes, that is the name). We have found that it is one of the best around, and because it is high in Flax seed oil, it is very filling too. (And don't worry, they are very tasty despite that impression you may get from seeing "Flax oil" as an ingredient.)

Have fun!

R&M

Hagerstown MD
Username hidden
(541 posts)
Hey Mad/Bad Annie,

It won't be ideal for all situations, but something we have adopted seems to help a lot... We literally take a small cooler bag with us wherever we go, with several healthy meals packed and ready to go. And when you eat every three hours, those meals can be small, so it is not like carrying around a grocery bag full of goodies. (I take three meals with me to work every day.)

Depending on the circumstances of when and where you sit down and eat, people may look at you with either curiosity or envy, but we like to think of it as having a picnic, so let'em wonder! LOL

We found that grilling up several pounds of chicken one evening takes little more time than preparing dinner, then we chop it to finger-food size and pack them away in tupperware cups or baggies. We get creative with the marinades (beer is a favorite) and grilling sauces for variety. These make excellent "fast food" and don't contain all the breading and other nastiness you find in the food chains.

Some other good portable foods include cheese, nuts, those little single-serving cottage cheese cups, and of course fresh fruit. Whole wheat cracker (like Trisket) are handy and portable too.

We just literally get into the mindset of making most of our meals portable and small and eating frequently, and it has worked wonders (along with exercise, of course). Now, finding time for that exercise was the hard part. As it works out, we ended up sacrificing TV time for fitness, and it wasn't a bad deal at all.

Hope some of this was helpful. Good luck and have fun!

R & M

Hagerstown MD
Username hidden
(541 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Diet schmiet - HELP!!