Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Diabetes
TOPIC: Diabetes
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
If you feel you "must" have a potato, choose red over white, and soak that thing in ice water for about ten minutes to get rid of some of the "starch." I know I cannot eat french fries from any restaurant (esp fast food fries), but I will sometimes soak some at home and bake them with some seasoning, and that seems to be ok. I try not to do that very often though.

Avoiding and elminating high fructose corn syrup. It's pretty easy to find those items and substitute something healthier.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
On seeing your physician....

Yes, it is always prudent to check with your physician before embarking on an exercise program. However, that should not become a barrier ("I can't get an appointment so I just won't exercise").

In general, we medical types wish more of our patients would take the initiative and exercise. Give us a call. Unless there are huge red flags, we'll tell you to get started.

Incidentally, one of your best partners in this effort is a qualified and certified personal trainer. S/he is trained to ask the screening questions AND to design a program that meets your personal needs and can address any illnesses and disabilities. Make sure that your trainer is certified by an appropriate accrediting body.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(439 posts)
You're right. That apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Just a word of caution which I'm sure the physician would agree on, CONSULT your physician on the exercise. Because I ignored symptoms for so long, mine was pretty out of control by the time of diagnosis. I'm under very close monitoring on building up my exercise level. Ironically though, I'm still 20/15 and have terrific blood pressure. Go figure. Although, I knew I was at higher risk because I'm a NA, those factors helped me deny the rest.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
From a physician's perspective, there are almost no contraindications to exercise in mild to moderate Type 2 DM. Things we'll think about in evaluating you:

1. Blood pressure under control? 2. Any history or evidence of heart problems? 3. Any complications of diabetes such as deteriorating vision or neuropathy that could make exercise unsafe?

Generally, exercise and weight reduction are effective and safe in bringing Type 2 DM under control. If the patient can make the commitment, the payoff is spectacular.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(439 posts)
Wow M, I'm so thrilled you started this thread. You are so right on exercize helping prevent Type II. Additionally, the right exercise can do much to turn around many chronic conditions.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Diabetes