CrossFit : Swingers Discussion 63006101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessCrossFit
TOPIC: CrossFit
Created by: Guitarman
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
I was a pa state martail arts champ in 92 . Now I cycle . I think the sport of cycling is a better way of conditioning . More aerobic and it does wonders for the muscles used for sex :) riderrrrrr

Long Pond PA

Username hidden
(130 posts)
M. Yup... any joint replacement sucks. Mr. Sim has back burnered the knees for now because the most pain is in the shoulders... both shoulder joints are to be replaced. That is two years of rehab... since they can only do one at a time. Right now he is being rebellious and refusing to acknowledge it..... but when he rolls over in bed and the pain wakes him up and he can't help from groaning out in pain... the time is getting closer. He says "When the shoulders start popping out of socket when I sneeze then I'll have them done." Men!!!!!!

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
M. I don't disagree with what you are saying. Mr. Sim totally abused his joints in what he thought was in the name of "health". Unfortunately, arthritis sets in to those damaged joints. One of the worst is the knees with runners.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
M. don't regret staying fit in your younger days... your joints in your older days will thank you.

One of the things I continue to see are typical examples of people in the same situation as Mr. Sim is currently. Overuse of joints through the years of sports and weight lifting has damaged his joints.... to the point of some needing replaced. Mr Sim was obsessed about working out for the past 30 years. He lifted weights 5 days a week for two hours a day and cycled miles on his off days. His thigh muscles were so large he had to have pants off the rack altered..... at age 55 he is paying the price of working out to be "healthy" and "fit". Now in extreme pain and needing several surgeries on different joints.... there is a line between staying fit and overdoing it. Just be smart about it or your joints will suffer in the end.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Welcome to the forums aresnoam!

This sounds like an interesting and very physical workout.

Rochester NY

Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Is anyone else on here involved in CrossFit training? After having it recommened by a coworker at the Fire Dept, I started doing crossfit routines, and they are great! Immense flexibility of workout routines, lack of boredom, and a very intense workout in a short time.

A lot of the mixed martial art fighters are doing this sort of training, and those guys are in awesome condition.

I'll spare you the explantion of what it is, but Crossfitdotcom has the basic principles outlined very well. It is very holistic in its approach, combining speed, endurance, strength, power, balance, and coordination.

One of my colleagues called me a few weeks ago; she is in her mid 20's, works out like a fiend, and is in terrific condition. She said, "I've been meeting with some of the guys before our shift starts, and we've been doing crossfit. I thought I was going to puke, it was so intense." Coming from her, that inspired me to look into it. Sometimes I make up my own routines, and sometimes I get the workout of the day off the website. It seems to work, I've already seen a difference, and I was in pretty good shape to begin with.

Kane

Port Orange FL

Username hidden
(54 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: CrossFit