Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Creatine
TOPIC: Creatine
Created by: pussy977
Original Starting post for this thread:
Has anyone used creatine to enhance muscle gain? I know from some research that it can help with muscle strength and recovery. What I'm wondering about is whether or not I should be using creatine while I'm still in what I know is a weight loss phase. Am I simply voiding any body fat loss while trying to enhance my muscle gain? (after all, it can increase water retention lol) I've been working out now for two months about five times a week with plenty of cardio and healthy eating. I'm notching it up for the month of March to see what muscle gains and definition I can achieve on a new and strenuous routine. Although that routine takes me down to three days a week lifting, it is by far much harder than what I was doing. I'm also at the point of gagging when I think about drinking water lol, so this isn't going to help by water being retained more from the creatine. I supplement like freakin' crazy and utilize Muscle Milk Light for after workout replenishment. Now I'll be using Muscle Milk Light for some meal replacements as I've notched up my eating regimen to a strict six small meals per day instead of two or three. Any advice on creatine use during a weight loss phase would be much appreciated. ; )

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 31   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I find creatine critical to the recover process. I take two 5gram doses of BSN's Cellmass and an undetermined amount is in N.O.- xplode also by BSN . I think that is about 15 grams per day.

If I run out there is deterioration of the muscle mass and physical soreness obtains that is not there when following the creatine regimen.

Mon Dieu proudly endorses BSN products :)

Willoughby OH
Username hidden
(123 posts)
After starting the P 90 X workout I decided to try creatine to see if it would help me recover. I did not do the pre load and I only used about 1/2 of the recommended daily dose rates. What was most surprising was the weight gain. Three pounds the first week, two more pounds the second week and another pound the third week. I guess the added weight was do to the water retention in the muscle mass? My waist measurement was going down showing I was loosing about a pound of fat per week which made me feel good. I have finished my canister and I am going to try getting through the rest of the program without it. I am just about finished with week 7 and I am quite happy with the results so far. I do think the creatine helped me get through the start phase. There could be the placebo effect but I am well on my way to get through the complete program.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
I did a lil research and decided to try it on a 2 week cycle. I didn't preload for the GI issues.. I would mix 1 scoop of it with a bottle of Gatorade and drink it through out my workout..I have to say compared to no Creatine in the drink, my workout pump was way more... felt really full muscles..Seemed to last a lil longer.. I just stopped using it regularly and only use it every now and then..If I got serious again, I would probably look into the NO increasers more than Creatine...

Bellmawr NJ
Username hidden
(21 posts)
"Maybe because it's the only part on my body that shows really nicely? "

Could be. Might be the same for me, but regardless if it looks good, I still enjoy the workout.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
I'm actually very happy with the amount of weight I am losing each week. Reality is I was bitching about nothing, I think everyone who does this wants it faster. I know better but I'm human.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
"I love working shoulders"

Me too. It is my favorite.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
I had two routines - "arm day" and "leg day" (which also included abs/back). I worked them on alternate days.

It works much better for men than women, unless you are a VERY high level athlete.

And yes, the GI thing takes some getting used to, and some people can't handle it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20264 posts)
I save changes for when my weight loss has stopped or going very slowly (1 pound a month, etc.) I just recently added a little bit more to my workout because I had only lost 5 pounds since the beginning of the year. I lost 5 pounds in a week (the most I have lost in a week since starting to lose weight.). I will continue to do this until I need to add more again.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18003 posts)
Nope I'm not bored, actually enjoying it which is surprising.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
Good question, I don't know I suppose I want to see it faster which I know isn't the expectation I should have.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 31   End
TOPIC: Creatine