Contradictions : Swingers Discussion 2076701011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessContradictions
TOPIC: Contradictions
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 17 of 17 
User Details are only visible to members.
DITTO.. Scooby Workshop is a standard for me too. He is the only person who cares to give a science references and publications as support of what he is saying.

New York NY
Username hidden
(326 posts)
Kinddragon, I know you posted this topic a while ago, but I have got to say that you should be careful in taking supplements. Some of them screw with your body's ability t normally process nutrients. Instead, research nutrient rich food sources with cross-core macro nutrients (high proteins, carbs, etc in one food). Foods are the best fuel for your metabolic rate (BMR) and supplements should be for a little extra. For the last two years, I've relied on Scooby's Workshop as a sounding board and a litmus test on workouts and diet. He's geared toward body builders but most of his advice is good. Plus he's 52 and looks decades younger.

Covina CA
Username hidden
(99 posts)
BTW I use Flax oil

New York NY
Username hidden
(326 posts)
Ok here is the dial: I buy Gold standard whey from Amazon for $25/2lb. When I go to gym I usually stay for about 1:15min I lift heavy till my muscles burn...next day Im sore. The whey will not help you loose weight but it will help to rebuild the injured muscles by supplying the amino acid building blocks. the protein helps you build your lean body mass and by doing this your %body fat will decrease, the weight however will go up because of growing muscle mass.

New York NY
Username hidden
(326 posts)
@kind - Never heard of that. But....everything you read seems to contradict everything else you read, so...I'm not sure about anything. One thing I AM sure of is...less calories in.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
Hubby and I enjoy having a protein shake in the afternoon. It keeps those before-dinner hunger pangs away.

Sometimes, if I'm still really hungry at night and need to up my protein intake for the day, I'll have a 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese sprinkled with either a bit of black pepper and cayenne pepper or a tsp of Smucker's Sugar-Free Strawberry Topping stirred in. The cottage cheese usually fixes me right up. :)

Also, greek yogurt is good.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
Or just EAT food with protein. I only recommend protein drinks for vegetarians (who are at the highest risk of inadequate protein intake). Save your money. Whey protein supplements are just powdered milk. If you are going to use a protein drink, casein is easier to digest (it also comes from milk). If you need extra protein but are worried about calories, egg whites are 4 g per egg w/ only 25 kcals. I always have some hard boiled eggs in the fridge if I need to add any protein to breakfast (peel & throw away the yolk if I've made bacon).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 17 of 17 
TOPIC: Contradictions