Contradictions : Swingers Discussion 207670101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessContradictions
TOPIC: Contradictions
Created by: kinddraggon The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Every morning I get all my protien needs, before he gets out of bed ! :) You cannot get this protien supply at GNC. But on a serious note, Andy was a triathelete for 20 years and he believes in Dr Barry Sears, 40-30-30 plan!

Tuscaloosa AL
Username hidden
(28 posts)
During the week: Protein shake: I make a morning "breakfast" shake for us of: USDA Organic whey powder (Teraswhey is the brand), organic cold-milled Flax seeds (Nature's Bounty brand), with a cup of unflavored organic Almond milk, fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, etc.), and a few ice cubes. This satisfies both of us until lunch time. Lunch: lean protein - chicken breast, beans with fresh vegetables or salad Dinner: I don't eat dinner, even after my Pilate's class. My man eats a Healthy Choice meal. Weekends, we either grill lean meat & vegetables or go out - with choices again of lean meats and vegetables. This "Way of Life" has helped us keep weight off and not feel like we are starving! Daily exercise healthy foods are the keys to all things!

Cocoa FL
Username hidden
(218 posts)
bicplupstateny: everything you just said about what your doctor suggested is a great plan. I am no expert but have learned a lot and progress all boils down to diet. It doesn't matter how many hours you work out or how many protein shakes you take... if you don't eat balanced and nutritious foods, you won't reach your goals. Regular whey protein should not be used as a meal replacement, either. There are meal replacement shakes out there, but whey itself doesn't have all the nutrients your body needs from a meal.

I personally am a firm believer in GOOD quality whey protein (GNC is way overpriced and doesn't have the good stuff; I prefer small nutrition shops). I lift weights hard and am very serious about my cardio and though I still have goals to reach, I believe protein has been key in my progress. I drink half a shake upon waking, a full shake after workout, half shake with a PBJ in the afternoon, and a half shake of CASEIN protein before bed. My husband does the same but full shakes for each. Casein (as opposed to whey) is definitely better for night time, as it is breaks down slowly and keeps your muscles fed while you sleep. The best plan is to use both in your routine. The key to protein is using the right stuff at the right times and working out. Taking a protein shake without working out is just like eating more food than you need to. The forum won't allow me to post a link, but google search "casein protein" and click on the first link, an article about casein vs. whey on nutrition express site. bodybuilding dot com is also a great website for information and shopping.

Weatherford TX
Username hidden
(5 posts)
As for supplements, my integrated / holistic medical dr recommends that I take a good multivitamin, plus extra calcium, magnesium, omega 3 and omega 6 EFAs, and a good probiotic. She also has me taking sublingual B12, holy basil for stress, and 5 HTP as a mood stabilizer (precursor to seratonin). But the supplement that she stressed I need the most right now is vitamin D3. According to my bloodwork, my vitamin D levels are very low. Our bodies can make vitamin D when we are exposed to sunlight, but where I live I can't get enough from October - April. I also don't eat foods that typically have vitamin D added to them (no milk or fortified grains for me). I googled vitamin D deficiency and saw that I had many symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency.....Since I have been following this doctor's advice, my dry itchy skin has improved dramatically, my mood and energy levels are more stable, and the deep ridges in my fingernails are finally disappearing. I have also lost a few pounds, which I needed to lose. Exercise is another major facet of my health plan - cardio, weight-bearing, and strengthening. Oh, and my digestion has improved as well.

Rensselaer NY
Username hidden
(2 posts)
I was confused by all the conflicting information as well. I decided it was time for me to go to an integrated/holistic medical doctor for advice. (The dr. I found trained with Dr. Andrew Weil - you can google him.) She looked at my bloodwork & ordered some additional bloodwork. For my diet, she recommends whole (minimally processed) foods, balancing having the proper ratio of the macronutrients (carbs, proteins, "good" fats), and avoiding specific types of food that I have problems with. Although they are considered healthy for some people, I have a problem with grains and dairy, so my doctor suggested that I go on the Paleo Diet. I still eat meat, but I eat more free-range poultry and cold water fatty fish. I also eat a lot of fresh vegetables and fruit, as well as nuts, seeds, and legumes. (She highly recommends ground flax seeds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds.)

Rensselaer NY
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Don't know what the big deal about Ezekiel (sp?) bread is. We tried a loaf last week and.....eehhhh. :( Won't get it again.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
by the way, the same gluten protein found in wheat is also found in spelt & barley & rye. For grains I suggest quinoa & brown rice.

juice is just sugar & water - if you have to use protein powder to augment your diet, I would not recommend it, unless you need the extra calories (and like most guys, you might be able to afford it, but us girls have a more limited budget).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(956 posts)
Kind, you can call me Captain Obvious if you like ;)

Gulf Shores AL
Username hidden
(20 posts)
yes, thats why i pointed out that protein powder comes from egg whites as well (although its an expensive product). I dont know that I would be that concerned about it as woman though. At some point your ability to grow muscle is a function of free testosterone, not protein. Its just that protein also contains the amino acids, creatine, etc that muscles need in small quantities to grow and regenerate. Diets rich in vegatables and lean protein are also good ways to maintain weight. So even a "bad protein" shake is better than a brownie, or chips as a snack.

Gulf Shores AL
Username hidden
(20 posts)
Use protein shakes as a meal replacement, only if needed, not in addition to meals. Add milk to the powder. Also, there is protein powder made from egg whites, use it rather than whey. finally, nuts, lean pork, and fish (like tuna) are a good source of protein. Don't forget about them.

Gulf Shores AL
Username hidden
(20 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: Contradictions