Cardio vs Lifting : Swingers Discussion 84639
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessCardio vs Lifting
TOPIC: Cardio vs Lifting
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Okay here's the skivie on it all. Cardio is good for burning calories, and gettin your heart rate up, this is why we cardio to get the heart rate up to 60% which in turns burns fat. It last about 2-4 hours after the workout so one would have to diet well along with a consistent cardio routine. When you lift weights meaning light weights high reps once you start to feel the burn in the muscle tissue it can last all night long. You know when you get up the next morning and while you are turning over in the bed at night and you feel the pain from your muscle aching, well that is your body at work while you sleep. So the best thing to do is not do away with cardio, but maximize your caloric burn by switching it up, as I mentioned somewhere before SHOCK the body every now and then. . .

Shreveport LA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
M,

looks like a basic ab roller. real simple and real good. hard to do at first

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
It's called the roller thingie exercise... Mr. Sim uses it all the time. Crap I don't know what the real name is..... I've used the exercise ball in a similiar capacity but have never used the roller thingie.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I've seen infomercials about those.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
I do both. Lifting to build strength (not bulk) so that when I have a SCUBA trip to the beach I am not sore having to climb back up to the car with my gear.

I like cardio to give me endurance. When it comes to bed time fun, I want it to last a long time. For me 2-4 hours is a lot of fun.

Shoreline WA
Username hidden
(11 posts)
cycling, and Im talking about extreme riding.Doing insane milage and insane steep long climbs is about the best workout you can get from my point of view.I swear I am younger now then I was 10 years ago.Its also exsposes you to a nice views of nature. Riderrrrrrrr

Long Pond PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
in fact this summer simm for cardio i have tried a regime instead of jogging for a certain time or number of miles that consists of doing 5 to 10 full speed sprints after a warm up of course... u would be shocked as to how sore u are the next day...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy brings up a point I always comment on the Olympics. You see these long distance runners and I think to myself.... Eeewww how they don't even look like an athletes and how their bodies are very unattractive to me. However, you look over at that sprinters that need that power and the defined large muscles that they have and I think ahhhhh now thats health and attractiveness . Long distance runners can't afford to carry that extra weight of large muscles.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
M,

i guess it depends on the look u are going for. if u think of the ultimate cardio type of activities, marathon runners and triatheletes, that's the type of body type u get if u only do cardio. i would much rather go for the more muscled look. for example compare sprinter's bodies to long distance runners.

i would say a good breakdown is 80% lifting/20% cardio..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Sounds like a glute ham raise. Excellent to work on the butt and hamstrings. Key excercise to get stronger in the squat. You will develop a rock hard butt doing them...yummy!

George School PA
Username hidden
(227 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
TOPIC: Cardio vs Lifting