Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Cardio Free Diet
TOPIC: Cardio Free Diet
Created by: spiceyNsassy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Has anyone read the book? I just finished. My friend gave it to me. She has had great results in two weeks. I just started it and am extremely excited. It all makes so much sense what the book tells you.

In summary the book explains how cardio isn't the great weight loss tool that we have been brain washed to think.

The best way to take off the weight and actually change the shape of your body is to weight train and count your calories.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
btw, i talked with a really fit dude this weekend with a crzy body, not huge but just ripped up. he said he just stared the 300 workout (used by the actors in the movie 300) and he said it was awesome and only takes about 20 minutes to perform..

a) Pullups - 25 reps

b) Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50 reps

c) Pushups - 50 reps

d) 24-inch Box jumps - 50 reps

e) Floor wipers - 50 reps

f) Single-arm Clean-and-Press with 36lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps

g) Pullups - 25 reps

All exercises are done without scheduled rest between moves. Obviously this is an advanced workout...you shouldn't do it unless you are already in great shape.

Fortunately, this can all easily be adapted. Appropriate exercises can be subbed in: Drop down to 150 total reps, or 4-6 exercises of 15-25 reps each. For example, you might try this workout, great for a guy with moderate fitness:

15 bodyweight rows

25 bodyweight squats

15 pushups

50 jumping jacks

20 mountain climbers

10 close grip pushups

15 bodyweight rows

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Interesting topic. Anytime you try and figure out what is the "best" method you will always have different opinions. So here's my two cents.

To burn fat reistance and calories, resistance training is superior. Training with weights also has the added benefit of increasing muscle mass and creating the type of body shaping changes that most are looking for. The benefit of weight training lasts long after the workout is over due to the body repairing itself and making itself stronger. However, to really burn calories using resitance training you have to up your intensity. In other words you really need to feel the burn. This is past the level most are comfortable with. If you are already a highly trained athlete then cardio will help lean you out but again the intensity needs to be there. Cardio does have a catabolic effect on muscle so you need to make sure your protien intake is high enough to prevent this.

Body comp changes come primarily through diet. So if you want to drop some weight get your diet in check. 70% comes from diet and 30% from training in my opinion. If you want to build muscle the same ratio comes into play although the diet is different.

The real benefit from cardio is it's ease of use. All can do it and all will see a benefit from it. Cardio also offers important conditioning benefits primarily having to do with the cardiovascular system. Additionally for an athlete pushing your areobic threshold past that of your opponenst is vital.

Sorry for the long winded posts but I train a lot and this topic always comes up at the gym with my buds. I train both with weights and on a bike but probably spend 75% of my training time with the iron and 25% on cardio or other aerobic activities.

George School PA
Username hidden
(227 posts)
"Elevate your basal metabolic rate. In order to succeed at weight loss, your metabolism must go up, or at the very least stay the same, but never , ever decrease. If you diet without strength training, you will lose fat and muscle. As a result of the muscle loss, your metabolism will go down. If you diet and perform cardiovascular excercise, you will lose fat and possibly even more muscle. As a result, your metabolism will go down even farther. If you diet and perform strength training, you will lose ONLY fat, increase your muscle, and make your metabolism go up. Sounds to me like the only winning combination. Muscles is preserved and increased ONLY through strength training, and the single most important goal of any excersize must be to preserve and increase your body's lean muscle tissue at all costs. "

"Muscle burns ten to twelve times the calories per pound each day that fat does" ... Strength training can potentially increase your metabolism by 15% which translates into a 270 extra calorie burned for a resting 5'5" 130lb female. So instead of having a 1800 calorie a day burn for doing absolutely nothing you can increase it to 2070 a day resting burn.

Hope that makes sense. I just really excited about it...as i sit here typing my muscles are quivering!

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
No cardio in your work out. Just strength training. I just finished it..I'm still in phase one so it only takes me 30 minutes. But It gets my heart rate up most definitely. 10 excersizes one set of each in the first phase (3 times a week)

Phase two add 2 ...so 12 excersizes and add a second set to 6 of those (alternating each day 1-6 on monday 7-12 on wed 1-6 friday and so on).

Phase three..add 2.. so 14 excersizes add a second set to 7 of those.

Phase four..add 2 .. so 16 excersizes and do a second set for all 16

His definition of a cardio free diet is.. East less, Increase your activity, elevate your basal metabolic rate.

I'm going to find a excerpt that helps to explain...

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
i guess the question which much be asked is what is "Cardio free". cardio could be using the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.

i have lost about 20 lbs without really doing carido and by that i mean i don't run or bike or do anything dedicated to carido. but i do go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
yea i'm sure you can. And I would never push the concept on anyone...especially someone who is already in good shape and is happy with the program they do.

We'll see what happens. I took my measurements rather than weight. See how many inches i loose.

off to work out sass

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
nice pic...

The book totally makes sense to me. I had been doing cardio for 2 years with no results. Dieting has been the only way I have ever effectively lost weight. If you were closer to me poly I'd lend you the book. It really gets you thinking. I was a sceptic before i read it.

Fun...I'll bring the book to dinner...I'd really love to pick your brain about it more. Don is starting the same program today...and he too was like "whatever Kelly"

Jim Karas is the dude who wrote it..and one of his many famous clients who had fab results is Diane Sawyer. I think the book said she lost dress sizes.

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
Has anyone read the book? I just finished. My friend gave it to me. She has had great results in two weeks. I just started it and am extremely excited. It all makes so much sense what the book tells you.

In summary the book explains how cardio isn't the great weight loss tool that we have been brain washed to think.

The best way to take off the weight and actually change the shape of your body is to weight train and count your calories.

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Cardio Free Diet