Boxing : Swingers Discussion 173972101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessBoxing
TOPIC: Boxing
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
Does anyone here box for exercise? Literally right behind my office is a boxing gym. Not a Gold's gym though, like a boxing gym where they train boxers. No air conditioning, no frills. But the owner is a nice guy and said that we can go back there and hit the bag over our lunch hours basically for free. My greatest fear on earth is bulking up....but I'm seriously intrigued by the idea of it. Is it as fun as it looks?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
I do some mixed martial arts fighting for fun and fitness. I like the wrestling/grappling aspect because it helps keep me limber and in stretch. I also box sometimes with guys in my fight club. Boxing is an excellant cardio workout. Going full contact and all out in boxing can get your brain bounced around inside your skull enough to leave you in a headache though. For excersice i prefer boxing at a "medium pace".

Jujitsu is fun. Take downs, joint manipulation, locks and chokes. All the aspects of fighting except for the striking. It is great excercise and it's a blast. I have a cage fight coming up in a couple weeks. I have a couple fights on you tube under username pinksinker if anyone is interested.

Harrison AR
Username hidden
(40 posts)
Lost, I'm with Sed.... I trained and taught Tae Kwon Do for years and not only will you not bulk up, it is an incredible form of exercise and stress reliever! Good luck!

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(751 posts)
Thanks! This is why I adore M though. She cuts through the bullshit. And I promise I am going to try and get past my bulking up bullshit, I promise!!

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
I do shadow boxing as part of my interval training - it's probably one of the best workouts I do, plus it's a lot of fun. Make sure you can see yourself in a mirror while you're doing it, or have a trainer with you, to critique your form. I'm personally not into all the kickboxing stuff, but it's easy to fold some plyometrics into it as well. Good luck!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(30 posts)
No, she's awesome!! And I know, I know its in my head. I'm working on it :0). And snap, you are right, I have little wings hanging around over here!

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
I know, I know we have. I know. I don't know WHY I am like that but I swear to God M.....I work out hard, more than like my speed walking I do now...and I look like a dude. Maybe its my dysmorphia or I'm crazy but its true lol. Its true in my friggin brain!! lol

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Does anyone here box for exercise? Literally right behind my office is a boxing gym. Not a Gold's gym though, like a boxing gym where they train boxers. No air conditioning, no frills. But the owner is a nice guy and said that we can go back there and hit the bag over our lunch hours basically for free. My greatest fear on earth is bulking up....but I'm seriously intrigued by the idea of it. Is it as fun as it looks?

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Boxing