Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness Boxing
TOPIC: Boxing
Created by: fundamentallaw
Original Starting post for this thread:
Mrs. FL and FL daughter have both taken up...boxing...with their trainers.

They are impressed...as am I...with the complexity and depth of the workouts.

In recent years, the sport has become both gender-blind and a route to fitness.

Anyone else (F) using boxing as a training strategy?

FL

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
A follow-up note.

After several months' boxing, Mrs FL is delighted with her upper arm strength AND by the fact that she has absolutely no batwings left on her upper arms.

Only downside--I need to be very careful not to say anything that might cause her to practice a right cross or left hook on me...LOL...seriously, she loves it.

FL

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(439 posts)
Kenpo is a horse of a different color, as compared to boxing. Kenpo, also sometimes called kempo, is a form of karate. American kenpo is a derivation of several other forms of Asian karate and is characterized by combinations of rapid strikes.

Different from traditional boxing, which involves only strikes with gloved hands, kenpo also incorporates various strikes with the feet, like traditional karate.

You might also look into muay thai, which also includes strikes with the knees and elbows and can turn into a pretty crazy workout. MrsLurks and I have been training a combination of mixed martial arts for a few months now, incorporating tae kwon do/tang so do karate, muay thai and jiu jitso.

The toughest part I see for a woman, based on MrsLurk's experiences and one other lady friend who's doing much of the same, is that they have a very tough time actually hitting someone, when sparring. They're fine with all of the drills and working out on heavy bags, but when it comes time to make physical contact with a person, they tend to hold back, in spite of headgear and pads. Oddly enough, they do say that kicking a sparring partner comes a little easier to them than other types of strikes, and that punching a partner in the head or face is the toughest for them.

At any rate, almost without regard to the discipline, ring sports are all excellent cardio workouts, and we're seeing great progress from it all...

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
I haven't tried boxing but I love Kenpo. It has a lot of boxing type moves in it. I LOVE IT!

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
Mrs. FL and FL daughter have both taken up...boxing...with their trainers.

They are impressed...as am I...with the complexity and depth of the workouts.

In recent years, the sport has become both gender-blind and a route to fitness.

Anyone else (F) using boxing as a training strategy?

FL

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(439 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Boxing