Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › Bootcamp-Obstacles Training
TOPIC: Bootcamp-Obstacles_Training
Created by: south_vegas_cpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
I sometimes drop into a local fitness playground called Camp Rhino. They run Bootcamp classes all over the Las Vegas valley, and on weekends do organized events that include 2-4 hour outdoor training ("Caves" "Twin Towers" "Bootcamp on the Lake") and obstacle races (my introduction was the 100 obstacle Rhino Course last spring).

This past weekend we did a "Rhino Ruck on the River". Took a van up to Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort (use that term loosely, it was really just a camp ground next to a river). Started at 11:30p with a hike up the mountain. Literally UP the mountain (if I had seen it in the daylight, I might have chickened out). Gained 1 mile elevation over the hour. Then down and up and down and up a few more times. Someone killed a sidewinder, skinned it, and later during the firemaking demonstration, cooked it for us to taste it. Got back to base camp around 7 hours later, hydrated, and climbed up the steep hill on the other side of the road. Came back for lunch, then got in the river to push (walk, crawl, haul on ropes) up stream. At this point I had to bail out (shivering too much). They continued onward another couple hours and then it only took 10 min to float back down to base. During the rain storm there were cabin challenges (like holding feet 6" off the floor for as long as possible). The last two hours was another ruck that included jogging, sprinting, squats and such. Ended at 6p with campfire dinner. Next morning we played a little on some ropes and tight wires, pushed a car uphill (it needed a battery jump) and tomfoolery. When we got back to Camp Rhino in the afternoon we played on some of the obstacles (waiting for our bags in another vehicle). I completed the spider wall for the first time (think American Ninja Warrior). And practiced monkey bars & pullups.

Next Saturday night is a 12.5 mile run with an obstacle every 1/2 mile. Moonlight Madness at Sunset Park (if you're in the Las Vegas area).

mrs svc

1 to 1 of 1
User Details are only visible to members.
I sometimes drop into a local fitness playground called Camp Rhino. They run Bootcamp classes all over the Las Vegas valley, and on weekends do organized events that include 2-4 hour outdoor training ("Caves" "Twin Towers" "Bootcamp on the Lake") and obstacle races (my introduction was the 100 obstacle Rhino Course last spring).

This past weekend we did a "Rhino Ruck on the River". Took a van up to Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort (use that term loosely, it was really just a camp ground next to a river). Started at 11:30p with a hike up the mountain. Literally UP the mountain (if I had seen it in the daylight, I might have chickened out). Gained 1 mile elevation over the hour. Then down and up and down and up a few more times. Someone killed a sidewinder, skinned it, and later during the firemaking demonstration, cooked it for us to taste it. Got back to base camp around 7 hours later, hydrated, and climbed up the steep hill on the other side of the road. Came back for lunch, then got in the river to push (walk, crawl, haul on ropes) up stream. At this point I had to bail out (shivering too much). They continued onward another couple hours and then it only took 10 min to float back down to base. During the rain storm there were cabin challenges (like holding feet 6" off the floor for as long as possible). The last two hours was another ruck that included jogging, sprinting, squats and such. Ended at 6p with campfire dinner. Next morning we played a little on some ropes and tight wires, pushed a car uphill (it needed a battery jump) and tomfoolery. When we got back to Camp Rhino in the afternoon we played on some of the obstacles (waiting for our bags in another vehicle). I completed the spider wall for the first time (think American Ninja Warrior). And practiced monkey bars & pullups.

Next Saturday night is a 12.5 mile run with an obstacle every 1/2 mile. Moonlight Madness at Sunset Park (if you're in the Las Vegas area).

mrs svc

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(1003 posts)
1 to 1 of 1
TOPIC: Bootcamp-Obstacles Training
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.