Bikram or Hot Yoga : Swingers Discussion 89020
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessBikram or Hot Yoga
TOPIC: Bikram or Hot Yoga
Created by: Cayne
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have been thinking of taking this kind of class for a while now and I was wondering if any of you guys had tried it and if so what did you think?

Its basically 26 poses, done in a specific sequence, in a heated room (105 degrees with a 40% humidity) for 90 minutes. The heat is supposed to make your body more flexible etc.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
I actually really enjoy Ashtanga Yoga, but that's largely for sports purposed (helps my BJJ). If I were to embrace a form of yoga entirely to embrace that form of yoga and not primarily for performance enhancement, I would be all about Bikram Yoga. Good stuff. The heat is greatas it serves a bunch of purposes. It does a lot to help your joints (compared of course to cold stretching).

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(24 posts)
Bikram is great. There is a studio in So Cal that I have been going to. I think it really helps your sex organs too by getting blood flowing to them. I feel awesome after a class.

Orange CA

Username hidden
(3 posts)
Both us have been doing Bikram yoga for five years, once or twice per week. The heat does take some getting used to, and the quality of instructors can vary. It might be better to try other forms of yoga first if you're newbies.

San Francisco CA

Username hidden
(1 post)
Thanks to you both! When I am back in Ohio I am going to look into taking just one class to get a feel of what it is like. Most places allow this (some are even complimentary).

I'm definitely taking what you say about overheating to heart Milf... I am more used to heat than most but you are quite right and it is a concern... one that can be combated somewhat with proper hydration I'm sure.

Windermere FL

Username hidden
(2626 posts)
I have been thinking of taking this kind of class for a while now and I was wondering if any of you guys had tried it and if so what did you think?

Its basically 26 poses, done in a specific sequence, in a heated room (105 degrees with a 40% humidity) for 90 minutes. The heat is supposed to make your body more flexible etc.

Windermere FL

Username hidden
(2626 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Bikram or Hot Yoga