Bikes Bikes Bikes : Swingers Discussion 84886
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessBikes Bikes Bikes
TOPIC: Bikes Bikes Bikes
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Hi. I assume you've bought your bike now, as it's been almost 3 months since your initial post and it's starting to get chilly outside. It seems to me that if you're going to buy a comfort bike, it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money, as you don't need a front shock or durable components. I see that lots of people made brand suggestions. Different bike shops carry different brands, so it's probably a good idea to go to a few different shops and ride a few around the parking lot, to see which is the most comfortable. Some shops will make repairs to the bike as long as you own it if you buy it there, and sometimes you have to pay around $50 for this. I think that it's a good idea, since you can, at a minimum, drop it off for a tune up every spring.

As an aside, is anyone in the Philly area looking to go mountain biking tomorrow morning?

Wayne PA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
M - Thanks - Ever make a decision on the bike? E-mail us and let us know. BTW - this is a great time to buy. 2008 models are coming out, so you can get great deals on 2007 models. Take care - B

Bryn Mawr PA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
I have ridden a bunch of bikes from $300 to $3,000. Trek is probably your best bet for comfort, durability, quality and looks (sounds like the qualities of a good partner!). Anyway, go to a bike store and tell them how much you want to spend (minus $100) and they will make plenty of suggestions. Again, Trek, Cannondale, Giant are all good. Happy trails!

Bryn Mawr PA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
I haven't bought a mountain bike in well over a decade, but I LOOOVE my Trek 1500 road bike. I had no idea how nice it was to ride a decent bike until I bought that one. I've looked at Trek's mountain bikes, though, and they seem well made and pretty reasonably priced, esp. compared to road bikes. If I were in the market for a mountain bike, I'd look at Trek's first. Whatever you do, make sure you get excellent quality components (just the brand name "Shimano" won't ensure that; you want Shimano 105, Ultegra, or better. You don't want Shimano Tiagra anything). Components like brakes and derailleurs and shifter handles get lots of use, so good quality is worth the extra $.

Mr. W

Boulder City NV
Username hidden
(1842 posts)
I like Trek. Good features. Tough to break. Reasonable prices. Popular in the NJ/PA area so you have good availability.

George School PA
Username hidden
(227 posts)
hmm, bikes. i am no expert on them. my mountain bike came from target or sports authority of someplace like that. i think unless you are really going to use it in the mountains u can find what u need at those places. there are two "real" bike stores on our main street here and they are CRAZY expensive. 500 to 1000 bucks for a bike. not for me!! go to target and spend about 100 bucks and u will be fine.

btw, ur ass really hurts in the beginning. just get BOB (what is his russian name?) to rub it... or MEEEEEE

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I own a Raleigh, it cost abit more but very worth it. Its best to go to bike shops they will fit you for a bike when you decide what kind you like.

Lockport IL
Username hidden
(388 posts)
I saw a *barbie* one at toys-r-us.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Bikes Bikes Bikes