Biggest barrier to working out : Swingers Discussion 1750781091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessBiggest barrier to working out
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   91 to 100 of 105   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I guess its like anything else, all preferences. I worked out in a coed gym for years, Im just over it. I dont need the attention lol. I love to work out alone and Im enjoying this new exercise. I mostly rely on yoga to keep me fit. That and a very active lifestyle. Its fast, 40- 48 mins, and I think Im going to see some difference. Im in great shape now Im just looking to tweek alittle.

Ill post pics as I go. The old view.

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7752 posts)
Anything: Your level of commitment is outstanding. My only critique is that you have to incorporate more rest and recovery time. There really is no overtraining, only under eating. Check out Parrillo Performance if you haven't already. I am off to the gym and will revisit this forum later. Have a great day. You are the poster boy for "Train Hard or Go Home ." lol!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2528 posts)
I overcome that barrier by training, not "working out". Having a set schedule (in my case, 4 days a week, 3 hours each day) dedicated to training with my team guarantees I both show up and perform.

Having the rest of the team there to encourage me (or give me shit when I'm slacking off) really helps.

Setting achievable short- and long-term goals (e.g., a new lift PR, a particular total for an upcoming meet, hitting elite in 2012, performing a 1000lb squat in competition and hitting pro before I'm 50, and so on) also keep my on target.

Of course, given the level of commitment, my life to a certain extent revolves around my training too. Eating, supplementation, recovery -- or not recovering (there have been days I've come back from the gym literally unable to undress myself, and falling over because I'm so drained I'm involuntarily falling asleep)...they all add up. Having that level of involvement tends to guarantee I show up every day; I work too hard in training and outside the gym to just blow off a training session.

Oakland CA
Username hidden
(84 posts)
Well that much (that you are a serious trainer) is clear. I just head to my weights in my garage every morning. I prefer it. I like having my own TV, my own kitchen, bathroom etc all nearby. What I do probably best qualifies as power lifter training since I really just keep ratcheting up the weights, my main goal just wanting to be strong, not "body build" per se. I like how it feels.

I'm just getting back into it in the last few months. Many years ago I was much more serious about it and I loved it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18797 posts)
VA: You have to know when to be ghost. If the person is not holding up their end of the bargain -- bounce. I trained with a potential IFBB pro for a year; accompanied him to Paris where he received his pro-card. Now, I am trying for mine in September in New York at the INBF Naturalmania. I am semi-on the diet now and need every day of the next six months to come in brick so I know what it is to be serious.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2528 posts)
Well I'll agree that if it is the *right* workout partner, yes, but otherwise it'll work against you.

I was someone's motivator every day for a while... dragging her out of bed.. but some days she wouldn't go so I'd go on my own. It was very one-sided.. I was her workout buddy, but she wasn't mine. Make sense?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18797 posts)
On the contrary, the "right" workout partner can be a huge asset if you're on the same page. On the days you may not want to go, he or she can encourage you and vice-versa. You have to make sure you're also at the similar levels. You want to train with someone who is as advanced or further than you so you won't be held back. My problem with female gyms, at least like say, Curves, it's not challenging enough and overtime you will out-grow them. Working out at home takes tremendous discipline -- you go girl! I've had wonderful training partners and have been a good training partner myself. That's how I started in competition, assisting someone to get in shape and the rest as they say is history.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2528 posts)
*I* find that dependence on a workout buddy is a recipe for disaster. Why? If either of you don't go, neither of you go.

I workout alone. Always. I wanna do it, do it hard, and get out.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18797 posts)
I tend to like female only gyms. I cant stand going to a coed gym to work out and someone trying to make small talk or pick me up.

I do love working out at home as well.

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7752 posts)
People who are serious about getting in shape, especially if they are bodybuilders and focusing on a show, have little to no desire for idle chatter and leave the limited time they have for their friends. The gym has long been a pick up spot but not for serious people looking to get results. I am not sure where you are located, but my friend and fellow competitor Nancy Andrews is in Worcester Mass. She would be more than happy to assist or direct you in the right direction.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2528 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   91 to 100 of 105   End
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out