Biggest barrier to working out : Swingers Discussion 1750781081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessBiggest barrier to working out
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   81 to 90 of 105   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In fairness, some guys grunt and curse because the weight's heavy! I know I'm not walking out 700lbs without grunting.

Then again, most guys in a commercial gym are grunting and cursing to get attention, while they do a set of 3 half-range, flared elbow, neck-touching bench presses with two plates, like people are supposed to be impressed.

And if someone's sitting on equipment for 5 minutes and won't let me work in, they'll find themselves laying on the floor pretty quickly. That's right up there with curling in the squat rack in terms of pet peeves for me.

Also, cellphones, people! It's a gym, not a social club! Leave the damn phone in your car!

Things like that make me incredibly glad my team owns a private, warehouse gym that we -- and only we -- train in.

Oakland CA
Username hidden
(84 posts)
That is my biggest pet peeve about the gym.

Get on, get your reps in, and get off.

Drives me nuts when I see guys (mostly) taking 5 minutes between sets, just sitting on the machine.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
The most amazing turnaround I ever saw was a woman, a former customer of mine, who went to a female only gym. She lost a lot of weight and got in amazing shape. I never asked her why she went to the ladies only gym, but it worked very well for her.

I remember in college the student gym adopted a time window for women only. At first I was annoyed and found the policy discriminatory. I tried to understand the reasons why so many women did not want to work out in a coed gym. In addition to being bothered by guys trying to pick them up, men often grunt, curse and spit excessively. Some guys monopolize equipment and that makes it intimidating for many women. After this was pointed out to me, I was able to see the women's side.

And then there's the guy at the gym who always has his chest puffed up and his arms stuck out like chicken wings-- women don't want to be around that.

Good luck with your fitness goals, Joan!!!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6972 posts)
Me, personally, I loved working out with the ladies lol Some were hard core builders. It was a great crowd and a lot of fun.

Everyone should do as they like. No right or wrong, just get moving!!

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
Zumba is GREAT! My daughter does it a few times a week. Once in a blue moon, I join her. Great exercise!

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
When we vacationed in Orlando, Florida we were able to attend a Zumba Dance Party. Since we both do aerobic latin dance we thought we could join in. Zumba was far more challenging than we anticipated. We couldn't keep the pace!

We now have four Zumba dance videos and make that our primary heart-lung health workout.

~~Suzy~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
Thanks Blt! Cardio bad for me as I dont want to burn too many calories. Im a clean eater and am trying to take in more calories. I used to have a boyfriend that I worked out with all the time. AT that point we were doing Nautilus? I enjoyed working out with him as we were at the same mid set. Hard to find.

I dont want to say I see a difference from yesterday, but I swear I do! lol Lets see in a week : )

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
ZZ and Masters: It's all good! As long as you get the job done -- who cares. I also do yoga three times per week. This was an enormous challenge for me in the beginning as yoga is so slow and bodybuilding training is so aggressive. I still have to slow my mind down sometimes. When you have a great body, you're going to get attention no matter where you go or what you wear. It's like an unspoken resume (lol)! Can't wait to see the pics. I had fallen off the wagon for a bit; hanging out, not training, drinking and then I "decided" to put an end to the madness. I have to say though that muscle memory is the bomb! My body is looking better -- leaner then ever. However, I am doing the work -- cardio is king baby!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3634 posts)
Thank you. I do have a strong core. I have swam since I was a kid and have always been athletic. At one point I was on competitive swim teams. I have always been a lover of the outdoors, I walk, bike and hike. I never want to build to the point I look manly, all cut up. So I dont use any heavy weights. I like a feminine shape. One reason I stick with yoga. Im just thinking a little more tone and a lil more muscle. Hard for me to put on weight, so its kinda a challenge.

joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7757 posts)
Yoga strengthening and stretching has become a daily activity for me. Also I like to use balance props from Gaiam for core strength. We have the small, medium and large balance and stretch balls, yoga straps and blocks, and some exercise stretch tubes also.

You look sinuous and strong, a beach and surfing body. Mahalo nui!

~~ZZ~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   81 to 90 of 105   End
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out